Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cereal Killer

Re: Dyche

His tracksuit is deffo getting manager of the month!
American Evertonian

Lazarou II wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:12 pm I'm not his biggest fan, but surely manager of the year?

Incredible achievement to be safe with three games to go.

Sent from my CPH2305 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
Definitely not. He went on a winless run of 15 matches. If that gets you manager of the year it’s because the other 19 managers died.
Feed the Yak!
American Evertonian

Thankful for what he has done for us but don’t see a way forward with him long term. Will be happy to see him go this summer or let him see out his contract without renewal so we don’t waste more money. Don’t want to see him at BMD other than a thank you reception.
Feed the Yak!
Mouse

superpull wrote:Last season at Goodison will be in the prem.

For that alone he will always have my thanks
First season at BMD in the Prem and he can have my first born.
CannockPricey

He wasn't my dream appointment but if we are judging managers by results then the way he has outperformed the previous two deserves massive credit as his squad has been weaker and the FFP deductions which were absolutely nothing to do with him were another massive handicap.

With no financial respite coming next year it will be another battle and I can't think of anyone i would rather have for that scrap. He has certainly achieved his targets in the last fourteen or fifteen months and then there was Wednesday.

Whenever he does go and I don't think it should be this summer he will go with my thanks and with my view of him vastly improved.

He'll never be a bloke whose teams are brilliant to watch but he got dealt a shitty hand and has made the best of it. No way we would have achieved this with either of the two previous clowns.
Jamokachi

My prediction for the season was a 12th placed finish and never really being within any threat of relegation, and that's exactly where we'd be without the deductions. So he's done a good job and deserves a season with less disruption to see where he can get us to.
777Kidnappings

American Evertonian wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 pm Thankful for what he has done for us but don’t see a way forward with him long term. Will be happy to see him go this summer or let him see out his contract without renewal so we don’t waste more money. Don’t want to see him at BMD other than a thank you reception.
People need to get real about what we are. Probably be a disaster to lose the manager at this point. He's got us a decent points total under ridiculous circumstances. We are going to sell our biggest playing assets, lose 3 or 4 big earners on frees, couple more on loan and people want him replaced with who?? It's a bit delusional as to what we actually are now.
TheRam

I think it’s reasonable for people to want us to move on by the time we are in the new stadium.

I’d keep him for another season as we could be facing more deductions and squad upheaval.

I think we’re all of the hope that by the new ground comes in we’ll be owned by someone who wants to treat us like a proper football club again and with that comes a more progressive way of doing things.

He’s a very good manager for a certain type of club and certain type of situation, I’d like to think by the time we are in BMD we’re ready to move past him.

He’s done a superb job though. I don’t think anyone can deny that now.
Goaljira

For me it's the frustration with the change in how we play. We've shown this past week on multiple occasions we've been able to control the ball and put together 15+ pass moves, similar to what we did in December for the goal Beto scored against Newcastle(?), but just disappeared for 3 months of constant rushed hoofing it and it coming straight back.

I don't want or expect us to be playing all game every game like it, but we've got to try to do it more consistently.
StirlingBlue

I think he’s done par for the course but some people are overrating his achievements based on two things:

1 - People forget just how god awful managers Lampard and current day Benitez are

2 - People overrate Dyche based on underrating our squad, we definitely have issues but we also have a bunch of players who are way better than relegation level (Branthwaite, Pickford, Tarks, Onana, Gueye, DCL and McNeil are better than this level)
American Evertonian

777Kidnappings wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:08 am People need to get real about what we are. Probably be a disaster to lose the manager at this point. He's got us a decent points total under ridiculous circumstances. We are going to sell our biggest playing assets, lose 3 or 4 big earners on frees, couple more on loan and people want him replaced with who?? It's a bit delusional as to what we actually are now.

I very much am real about what we are. I think anyone on this forum understands the position we are in and how far we have fallen. Three wins in a row is great and I think he has steadied the ship, but I can’t see a way he takes us forward from just surviving. I think some People have already forgotten we went 15 matches in a row without a win. If he does that next season we are surely going down as the promoted teams are much stronger than the teams promoted this season.

It isn’t delusional at all to see that our trajectory is trending in the wrong direction outside of this week. For me it is imperative we don’t extend him. Either part ways this summer if we have a new owner or let him see out his contract.
Feed the Yak!
superpull

American Evertonian wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:06 am I very much am real about what we are. I think anyone on this forum understands the position we are in and how far we have fallen. Three wins in a row is great and I think he has steadied the ship, but I can’t see a way he takes us forward from just surviving. I think some People have already forgotten we went 15 matches in a row without a win. If he does that next season we are surely going down as the promoted teams are much stronger than the teams promoted this season.

It isn’t delusional at all to see that our trajectory is trending in the wrong direction outside of this week. For me it is imperative we don’t extend him. Either part ways this summer if we have a new owner or let him see out his contract.
You say "just surviving", but our points total has us joint 12th, 19 points clear of relegation with 2 very winnable games coming up

Next Friday we may have won more points than the 10th placed team and be 22 clear of the drop.

I'm not sure we both share the same meaning for the word "just"
AjaxAndy

superpull wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:11 am You say "just surviving", but our points total has us joint 12th, 19 points clear of relegation with 2 very winnable games coming up

Next Friday we may have won more points than the 10th placed team and be 22 clear of the drop.

I'm not sure we both share the same meaning for the word "just"
44 points without the deductions... With 2 winnable games coming up.

Ancelotti I think won 51 points with a vastly better squad and none of the disruption we've had because of points deductions and relegation battles.

I think people are blinded by the winless run and the quality of football on display at times, but in reality it's a results business and he's achieved almost parity with what Ancelotti did in much worse circumstances.
NickNack

AjaxAndy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:41 am 44 points without the deductions... With 2 winnable games coming up.

Ancelotti I think won 51 points with a vastly better squad and none of the disruption we've had because of points deductions and relegation battles.

I think people are blinded by the winless run and the quality of football on display at times, but in reality it's a results business and he's achieved almost parity with what Ancelotti did in much worse circumstances.
And was Ancelotti’s footy any better in the second half of that season when we were playing centre backs as full backs? I seem to remember thinking we were pretty awful to watch around that time

As I mentioned in an earlier post I wonder how much the points deductions - which put us in a relegation battle we wouldn’t have otherwise been in - affected the way we started playing / player’s form. There are issues to sort obviously but it’s been too weird a season to make any proper judgements IMO

Didn’t Dyche say the other day he’d love us to be playing beautiful football but let’s get sorted first?
TheRam

StirlingBlue wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:02 am I think he’s done par for the course but some people are overrating his achievements based on two things:

1 - People forget just how god awful managers Lampard and current day Benitez are

2 - People overrate Dyche based on underrating our squad, we definitely have issues but we also have a bunch of players who are way better than relegation level (Branthwaite, Pickford, Tarks, Onana, Gueye, DCL and McNeil are better than this level)
Dyche has had a much worse squad than them, and had a much harder job when you consider deductions and the mess the club is in behind the scenes.

I think saying he’s done par isn’t giving him the credit he deserves.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic