Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cozzie

Re: Dyche

We'd be joint 12th on 44 with Brighton minus the points deductions.

Not a bad season at all.

The football is turgid at times, but got to agree with the notion, he was brought here to be a ship steadier, guide us through the mire until we get to BMD.

Stick with him next season and see what happens from there.
Lazarou II

I'm not his biggest fan, but surely manager of the year?

Incredible achievement to be safe with three games to go.

Sent from my CPH2305 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

biziclop

Meanwhile mad shout Saturday continues on the Beeb with one fan saying Dyche should replace Southgate after the Euros.
AjaxAndy

Yeah the fact we'd be level on points with the much lauded Brighton and their fashionable manager speaks volumes really for the job Dyche has actually done here.

Obviously the long winless run wasn't going to do him many favours and the style of footy at times has been difficult to watch, but the reality is he's matched De Zerbi with a hugely inferior squad and all the madness and disruption of 2 separate points deductions.
StirlingBlue

AjaxAndy wrote:Yeah the fact we'd be level on points with the much lauded Brighton and their fashionable manager speaks volumes really for the job Dyche has actually done here.

Obviously the long winless run wasn't going to do him many favours and the style of footy at times has been difficult to watch, but the reality is he's matched De Zerbi with a hugely inferior squad and all the madness and disruption of 2 separate points deductions.
I don’t buy that our squad is hugely inferior to Brighton tbh, I’d have theirs as better but not by much
Shogun

Not going to rewrite history. He had a great run in late November/Early December and this April run has been more impressive and exactly what I hoped/expected from Dyche being in charge. Doesn't change the fact that the four months with one win was a massive cause for concern and the football was absolutely awful. We need to be far more consistent throughout next season.

Credit to him for the season as a whole with the points deductions and for this turnaround.
Silas

He's the right manager for the shitshow that is Everton Football Club at the moment regardless of the football he's playing.

I actually hate it but I also get it. We are what we are and fair play to him for not jacking it in
Stumpy

I've backed him all the way from the start with a few wobbles, but i was ready to cut him loose after chelsea.
The reality is he's done a really decent job with a very limited squad.
Yes the football on times has been desperate and hard to watch.
However he's got us to safety with 3 games to go, despite having 8 points deducted..
For that he deserves enormous credit
777Kidnappings

Shogun wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 pm Not going to rewrite history. He had a great run in late November/Early December and this April run has been more impressive and exactly what I hoped/expected from Dyche being in charge. Doesn't change the fact that the four months with one win was a massive cause for concern and the football was absolutely awful. We need to be far more consistent throughout next season.

Credit to him for the season as a whole with the points deductions and for this turnaround.

Same points but winning them at a consistent rate or do we just want 60 points
Bluedylan1

Never going to be a manager I particularly warm to, but happy to acknowledge that in the end he's done what he needed to, in a sea of chaos. Not every manager would've been able to handle all the stuff going on, so fair play.

Wouldn't be devastated to see us go in a different direction under new ownership, but that doesn't look too likely at the moment, which is fair enough I suppose.
brap2

Deserves a family-sized, XL, Big Daddy Box Meal, full English breakfast challenge at a truckers cafe type level of credit for the job he has done, and a similarly proportioned slice of humble pie for myself while you're at it.
Cantoffee

Weird how the results have played out with the long winless run and these two excellent periods of form.

Overall though, without points deduction we'd be 3 points back of finishing in the top half which is insane.

Big credit to him and the players for how they responded after the Chelsea match. That really could have been the moment we sunk but strong mentality to dig in and turn it around from all involved.

He'll be here next season regardless and has done his job in very challenging circumstances. Remains the right person for the job at this time.
biziclop

One thing I will say though is that as infuriating and frustrating it is to have lengthy good and bad runs, objectively it's better than a win-one-lose-one setup.
Mouse

I’m not a lover but he has done an amazing job to get us to this point, safe with three games to go is incredible.

There’s one area of management that you can never quite be sure of and that’s what’s going on in the dressing room.

I think the effect the points reductions has had on the players mentally and consequently trying to stop that effecting performance has been greatly under-stated.

The fact he’s got a reaction out of them from the first deduction, kept heads together through that awful run and then got another incredible rebound over the last week is truly laudable. He does seem to know how to bring them all on board and get a performance. Maybe there is more to come with at least some of the lunacy behind us.

I have vague memories of the first few games of the season thinking this is better than I expected, we had a press, we had energy but we were blunt up front. Is that still there to build on?
superpull

Last season at Goodison will be in the prem.

For that alone he will always have my thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic