Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Goaljira

Re: Dyche

TheRam wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:32 am

There they are. The lads.

Having a lovely time next to Real Madrid and Leverkusen.
Trying to understand this is messing with my head. So its best to be very top right?
superpull

Goaljira wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:37 am Trying to understand this is messing with my head. So its best to be very top right?
The further to the right you are, the better chances you create.

The higher you are the more you stop chances
superpull

TheRam wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:32 am

There they are. The lads.

Having a lovely time next to Real Madrid and Leverkusen.
Aston Villa there by the way? crazy outlier
Goaljira

superpull wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:47 am The further to the right you are, the better chances you create.

The higher you are the more you stop chances
There's no quantity consideration though, right? So like you've said in your other post Villa look bad but it could be that they don't concede many chances but when they do because of the high offside line there's a good chance its someone running through on goal and getting a decent shot?
superpull

Yeah, these things are devoid of context.

But, when you talk about large datasets, they become relevant. The outliers compared to their league position become talking points is all.
Mouse

Rumour has it the suit’s still in the lost dressing room…sorry, elation does strange things to the mind!
Gary1878

All of the Italian teams are at the top of the graph, conceding the least xG per shot - basically harder to break them down.

Then the teams that play the most open football and/or are shit are at the bottom.

Arguably it is also a graph showing which leagues are best to watch. Italian league is worst given how closed it is (teams at the top of the graph and further left), and the PL one of the best as it is more open (teams at the bottom, further right).
Toffee1

Be happy if all of them became fans.
AjaxAndy

Has won the 13th most games in the league this season (11), same as Brighton.

Not sure why I just worked that out but it's quite an eye opener given we didn't win for several months.
Gash

AjaxAndy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:51 pm Has won the 13th most games in the league this season (11), same as Brighton.

Not sure why I just worked that out but it's quite an eye opener given we didn't win for several months.
I've just posted that on the General Football Forum, weird the praise De Zerbi gets compared to the criticism Dyche gets yet they've only got three more points than we'd have despite our bad run.
UnsyisaRhino

Gash wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:34 pm I've just posted that on the General Football Forum, weird the praise De Zerbi gets compared to the criticism Dyche gets yet they've only got three more points than we'd have despite our bad run.
I think if we were able to shuffle our wins and losses so that we didn't have the giant gap with no wins, we'd all feel very differently about Dyche's performance this season.
superpull

It may be selection bias, but i always had the impression his Burnley teams were doing well till Christmas, fell off a cliff and looked certainties to be relegated by Spring and then went on little runs of form that lifted them to lower-mid table?
Cods

UnsyisaRhino wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 am I think if we were able to shuffle our wins and losses so that we didn't have the giant gap with no wins, we'd all feel very differently about Dyche's performance this season.
As I said in another thread; if you ignore the Xmas to Easter period, where we played mainly top half teams, or more importantly weren't drawn against an easy team at home (apart from Palace(?)), and we've actually won 7 out of our 'last' 8 games. Fixture order matters.

We do seem to go on small runs of accruing points, yet importantly the underlying stuff suggests results should have been much better.
Big Nevs Vaz

I understand why he has split opinions but safety with 3 games to spare after an 8 point deduction is a fantastic result and credit has to go to Dyche.
I’m firmly in the let him get us to BMD and steady the ship to bring us to a point where we can set realistic goals and build from there with a more progressive manager.
NickNack

The football has been shocking at times, not too bad at others - I’d love to know how much the points deductions affected things from the coaching / manager side down to the players… I guess we’ll never know
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic