Dominic Calvert-Lewin

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
cassius

Re: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Got 18 months left on his contract. Would you offer him a new one?
Cozzie

cassius wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:36 pm Got 18 months left on his contract. Would you offer him a new one?
If he can stay fit and prove he is over his injury worries then why not?
Shogun

Don't think he'd accept it
Audrey Horne

cassius wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:36 pm Got 18 months left on his contract. Would you offer him a new one?
100000000%

Don’t think he will stay though
TheRam

I think we’ll sell anyone we get a decent offer for.
Bluedylan1

I didn't realise he only had 18 months left.

I think if he's not going to sign, we probably need to be looking to sell ASAP. Can't afford to let him run the contract down in our position, and miss out on £50m plus.
AjaxAndy

I think if we offered a new contract he'd sign... He's missed so much footy he just needs to play, and he's guaranteed that here rather than sitting on the bench at Newcastle or whoever.

No top team's taking him as a first choice given his injury record, so I don't see how a move would benefit him.
brap2

Missed this place
The Doc

Whether he has plans to leave or not, I think he owes it to the club to sign a new deal and either give us his prime years or make sure we get a fair price for him. Not his fault but he's been paid a lot for not playing a lot.

With only 12 months left on a contract we'd sell for cheap over risking losing him for nothing.
Bluebridge

What’s he on? pretty sure it’s around £60k, surely he’d be happy to sign an extension to up his wages, as with his injury record he won’t be 100% confident he’ll be fit in 18 months time when negotiating with a new club.
Cods

His brilliant athleticism, and target man skills are so important to us as to how we play. It largely covers up for his finishing which is sketchy, needs to have more support up front, bringing in other players to score. We're getting so many opportunities (not only his of course) that we have to capitalise on.
Kerryblueboy

Could have had a hat trick today got to score that header in the first half
Shogun

He was bad with those chances yesterday like. The header he put over the bar should be a goal every single time for him.
AjaxAndy

I wouldn't say any where easy chances...

The one over the bar he gets a bit too much on it, easily done, I'd say a 25% chance of scoring.

The header straight at the keeper was a bit unlucky but if actually rate that a slightly easier chance... 35% chance of scoring.

The toe poke was a good finish and a smart stop, don't think he could have done any more with that so unless the keeper doesn't react quickly enough it's as good as he could do - 10% chance of scoring.
Bluedylan1

Absolutely has to score at least 1 of those chances. Poor day in front of goal.

If Beto had the same chances and didn't score, we'd be hammering him and writing him off totally.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic