Jarrad Branthwaite

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Escla

Re: Jarrad Branthwaite

The problem is a) every club knows that we are in the shit financialy and MUST sell him if we are to avoid another FFP charge, we are in no position to say no if the best offer we get is £60/70 million. Added to that all Prem clubs are under pressure, sailing close to the wind with ffp as we saw in the Jan window, there will be no £100 m bids flying around.
Cods

Selling him needs to be the financial equivalent of relegation. Because that's what it will cost.
blueforyou

Credit to Dyche for not over coaching and putting him in, especially ahead of former pupil, Keane

In fact, Dyche has been pretty fair to all squad players, considering we don't have much, rotation option

Sell Onana

Pickford, Branthwaite(Capt), McNeil, (DCL?) - another 7/8 players and we're there!
Cereal Killer

blueforyou wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:32 am Credit to Dyche for not over coaching and putting him in, especially ahead of former pupil, Keane

In fact, Dyche has been pretty fair to all squad players, considering we don't have much, rotation option

Sell Onana

Pickford, Branthwaite(Capt), McNeil, (DCL?) - another 7/8 players and we're there!
Mee
Lowton
Taylor
Brownhill
Gudmundsson
Hendrick

Reckon they’ll all be available on the cheap…
blueforyou

He wouldn't dare...
777Kidnappings

blueforyou wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:18 am He wouldn't dare...

He might have to. Its literally anyone on a free or the never never at the moment. Clubs fucked
AjaxAndy

Gary1878 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:24 pm I think he gets a lot of the tackles spot on when he goes to ground and is actually quite good at reading the situation - I think it is the opposite of poor positioning or anticipation. Of course he won’t always get them right but there aren’t many players in world football playing CB who tackle with such effectiveness given his frame and stature.

He was a class above on the pitch today.

We cannot stand in this lads way if we get the right money for him, which should only be a world record for a defender. Nothing less is suitable. I am all for doing the best we can for the club but the lad in a once in a generation defender and deserves to be playing at the very top surrounded by world class players. At the moment, that is not with us.
He gets a lot of them right so fair play to him, but you don't see the absolute best CBs going to ground very often which tells me there's an area of weakness that he's compensating for.

Some of that weakness is definitely the team itself and he's having to do it to get to a player someone else has lost or been beaten by so it's a great tool for him to have. I just think there's other times he's having to do it when the best defenders wouldn't have.

Obviously though I'm talking here about what he needs to do to go on to the next level in his development, not that he's not great already. Just think he's got everything to reach the very top and that's an area he'll improve on as time goes by.
Goaljira

AjaxAndy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:02 am He gets a lot of them right so fair play to him, but you don't see the absolute best CBs going to ground very often which tells me there's an area of weakness that he's compensating for.

Some of that weakness is definitely the team itself and he's having to do it to get to a player someone else has lost or been beaten by so it's a great tool for him to have. I just think there's other times he's having to do it when the best defenders wouldn't have.

Obviously though I'm talking here about what he needs to do to go on to the next level in his development, not that he's not great already. Just think he's got everything to reach the very top and that's an area he'll improve on as time goes by.
I know there's the famous Maldini quote along thr lines of 'If I have to make a tackle, then I've already made a mistake', but Branthwaite just looks so confident in his ability to get it right that he's doing it because he likes putting people on the floor then towering over them like a WWE wrestler who's just hit their finisher. He's a young lad, let him be who he is.
brap2

AjaxAndy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:02 am He gets a lot of them right so fair play to him, but you don't see the absolute best CBs going to ground very often which tells me there's an area of weakness that he's compensating for.

E.g. Vs Isaak he sold himself completely going to ground and took himself out of the play.

Can't really criticise because he's so good but it is definitely a trait.
CraigS...

blueforyou wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:18 am He wouldn't dare...
Brownhill is a done deal on a free
AjaxAndy

brap2 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:05 pm E.g. Vs Isaak he sold himself completely going to ground and took himself out of the play.

Can't really criticise because he's so good but it is definitely a trait.
Yeah exactly, no harm in doing it when it's called for, just think he needs to iron out when it's required and how to avoid it when not. Not a criticism though as he's great already, more highlighting what he needs to do to kick on to that next level.
Bob Sacamano

I think it’s just because he enjoys it. It will iron itself out as he progresses.
superpull

AjaxAndy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:11 pm Yeah exactly, no harm in doing it when it's called for, just think he needs to iron out when it's required and how to avoid it when not. Not a criticism though as he's great already, more highlighting what he needs to do to kick on to that next level.

Yeah, he's very much a work-in-progress.

If he was already fully developed he wouldn't be anywhere near us and wouldn't have come back to us from Holland.
MmmBlueBranthwaite

CraigS... wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:45 pm Brownhill is a done deal on a free
<insert poo emoji here>
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
Kerryblueboy

May as well get Ashley barnes in too
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic