Jarrad Branthwaite

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Bluebridge

Re: Jarrad Branthwaite

Well as United paid £80m for Maguire several years ago, then they must surely value Branthwaite at over £100m.
Escla

Would happily take £100 million as long as Maguire was not part of the deal, according to some reports Carlisle would get £10 million of that !
Gash

Escla wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:32 pm Would happily take £100 million as long as Maguire was not part of the deal, according to some reports Carlisle would get £10 million of that !
Carlisle have always kept quiet what the sell on clause is but I've a mate who's a big Carlisle fan, story at the time was that they were so skint we offered a higher initial fee in sacrafice for a larger sell on so we might not owe a huge amount.

I wouldn't mind them doing well out the deal though, £5-10m would be transformational for a club like Carlisle. They'll probably get another wee lift after his England call up too.
Escla

Gash wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:34 pm Carlisle have always kept quiet what the sell on clause is but I've a mate who's a big Carlisle fan, story at the time was that they were so skint we offered a higher initial fee in sacrafice for a larger sell on so we might not owe a huge amount.

I wouldn't mind them doing well out the deal though, £5-10m would be transformational for a club like Carlisle. They'll probably get another wee lift after his England call up too.
I understand they are doing quite well out of the payment per appearance clause which I am sure is higher than they might have expected given the number of starts he has made. This clause may well have been at tge expense of a reduced sell on percentage but good on them, they are hoping to fund a new training ground and ground improvements.
Cods

We keep him for another season (I know) and he skips united and joins Uncle Carlo or someone decent.
Escla

Cods wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:10 am We keep him for another season (I know) and he skips united and joins Uncle Carlo or someone decent.
Never gonna happen if we want to finish BMD though is it.
Cods

Escla wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:45 pm Never gonna happen if we want to finish BMD though is it.
Cods wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:10 am (I know)
Will require lots of things to happen for it not to. And it's devastating. Perennial stepping stone.
Goaljira

Seems the FA have said they won't allow agents access to their players to discuss transfers whilst the Euro's are on, so if he does get called up we'll be under and even shorter time frame to get the deal done between season end and when the squad meets up.
Shogun

Goaljira wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:50 pm Seems the FA have said they won't allow agents access to their players to discuss transfers whilst the Euro's are on, so if he does get called up we'll be under and even shorter time frame to get the deal done between season end and when the squad meets up.
Tbf that means nothing, unless they're taking phones off players now.
Goaljira

Shogun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:53 pm Tbf that means nothing, unless they're taking phones off players now.
They won't be allowed to attend medicals.
Gash

Any deals for players will be 'done' long before the Euro's start I'd imagine, even if they're not official.
MmmBlueBranthwaite

Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
Cods

If we were Brighton he'd go for 150m.
As we're not it'll be half that at best.
AjaxAndy

Brilliant player... I do think he's going to ground too often, some of it is to make up for someone having being beaten and it's required, but also think he's doing it at other points where maybe his positioning or anticipation hasn't been quite right.

Obviously he's not the finished article and he's bloody fantastic already, but do think it's an area he needs to work on.
Gary1878

AjaxAndy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:55 pm Brilliant player... I do think he's going to ground too often, some of it is to make up for someone having being beaten and it's required, but also think he's doing it at other points where maybe his positioning or anticipation hasn't been quite right.

Obviously he's not the finished article and he's bloody fantastic already, but do think it's an area he needs to work on.
I think he gets a lot of the tackles spot on when he goes to ground and is actually quite good at reading the situation - I think it is the opposite of poor positioning or anticipation. Of course he won’t always get them right but there aren’t many players in world football playing CB who tackle with such effectiveness given his frame and stature.

He was a class above on the pitch today.

We cannot stand in this lads way if we get the right money for him, which should only be a world record for a defender. Nothing less is suitable. I am all for doing the best we can for the club but the lad in a once in a generation defender and deserves to be playing at the very top surrounded by world class players. At the moment, that is not with us.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic