Jarrad Branthwaite

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Gary1878

Re: Jarrad Branthwaite

If he goes it will be for a monumental fee so we will do well out of it.

And apart from that I would wish him nothing but the best and want to see him become the very best. Not sure I would care particularly where he goes as long as they utilise and bring out his full potential.
Bluedylan1

I don't really care where he goes, as long as it's not the other lot.

We're never going to be in a position to compete with the top clubs in this country again, so it doesn't really matter to me where he chooses to go. Also, he's not a scouser and he didn't come through the academy so I don't have that kind of emotional connection. Could be Real, could be Man U, Man City whoever. Just get the most money when the time comes.
Shogun

We've fallen so much that our best players go to the likes of Spurs and Villa these days.

So long as it's not the shite, I'm not too bothered.
Gary1878

To be honest I think there will only be a very small handful of clubs in world football that will be able to afford him. I don’t think he will be gone this season, and will probably be around for the new stadium. As a young lad, that would be exciting for him, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the club have even been talking about him as a future captain.

If not, then I can see Real happening for him - as money wouldn’t be an issue and they are arguably the biggest club in football.

Not sure City would want him given they have Stones, Gvardiol, Dias and others at the back, and Gvardiol was expensive and recently signed.

Man Utd have got so many problems and FFP will be on their minds - so they will need to spread funds a little thinner than splashing £100m or so on one player.

Arsenal may show interest, and I doubt very much he would switch to Liverpool. Wouldn’t necessarily care all that much, I just don’t see it.

Fully expect and want him to be here a while longer yet. Enjoy watching him while we can.
Cereal Killer

Or United just get us to swap him for Maguire :whistle:
Audrey Horne

Gary1878 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:01 pm To be honest I think there will only be a very small handful of clubs in world football that will be able to afford him. I don’t think he will be gone this season, and will probably be around for the new stadium. As a young lad, that would be exciting for him, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the club have even been talking about him as a future captain.

If not, then I can see Real happening for him - as money wouldn’t be an issue and they are arguably the biggest club in football.

Not sure City would want him given they have Stones, Gvardiol, Dias and others at the back, and Gvardiol was expensive and recently signed.

Man Utd have got so many problems and FFP will be on their minds - so they will need to spread funds a little thinner than splashing £100m or so on one player.

Arsenal may show interest, and I doubt very much he would switch to Liverpool. Wouldn’t necessarily care all that much, I just don’t see it.

Fully expect and want him to be here a while longer yet. Enjoy watching him while we can.
Why not?
TheRam

Audrey Horne wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:34 pmWhy not?
It’s never really happened. Liverpool signing our best player for massive money. It’s just something that is extremely unlikely.

He will have a lot of top clubs after him where he can win trophies every year.

He’ll go to City in time or maybe a big club abroad.

I don’t think liverpool or the player himself will be looking at this deal.
Escla

Gary1878 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:01 pm To be honest I think there will only be a very small handful of clubs in world football that will be able to afford him. I don’t think he will be gone this season, and will probably be around for the new stadium. As a young lad, that would be exciting for him, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the club have even been talking about him as a future captain.

He’s exactly the same age now as Stones was when he went to City over 7 years ago, the fee was £48m plus add ons which considering all that they have won in the meantime could easily be around the £60m by now. Given what has happened to transfer fees over the past 7/8 years I would say that £100m is realistic. He won’t be going anywhere in the next 19 days but if 777 do complete the purchase I could well imagine that he would be first on their list of disposals purely so that they can pay off some of the other numerous debts, settle court cases and keep one or two of their other debt ridden clubs alive.
brap2

Weird aside but does anyone else just not feel any sort of rivalry with them any more?

Like I hate them and I want them to lose every game but it's not a rivalry. We aren't on the same planet.
Bluebridge

brap2 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:22 pm Weird aside but does anyone else just not feel any sort of rivalry with them any more?

Like I hate them and I want them to lose every game but it's not a rivalry. We aren't on the same planet.
I will take my hatred of them to the grave, and then I will hopefully cause them as much supernatural pain as I possibly can.
TheRam

brap2 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:22 pm Weird aside but does anyone else just not feel any sort of rivalry with them any more?

It is still a rivalry.

It hasn’t been close for the last 30 years but the rivalry is connected within the city so it will always be there.
4evablu

I think the rivalry thing is still alive and still very much a two way thing !
WBFBTPL
brap2

I honestly just go onto derbys now looking forward to putting it behind me
Toddacelli

brap2 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:58 pm I honestly just go onto derbys now looking forward to putting it behind me
Same. But it’s because that’s the one that hurts the most. It’s because that’s the one we want to win the most.

The fact that we barely ever come out of these things with any pride this days is just a constant kick in the nuts.
Audrey Horne

TheRam wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:14 pm It’s never really happened. Liverpool signing our best player for massive money. It’s just something that is extremely unlikely.

He will have a lot of top clubs after him where he can win trophies every year.

He’ll go to City in time or maybe a big club abroad.

I don’t think liverpool or the player himself will be looking at this deal.

Hahah I am being annoying tbh.

I am just worried cos he is a red :(

But I am sure it is ok....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic