ALL THE HULLABALOO OVER FOREST "3 PENS"

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
Goaljira

Re: ALL THE HULLABALOO OVER FOREST "3 PENS"

AjaxAndy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:54 am I think once you get to the professional level that's a fair argument in some cases, but at under 9s they need to just get on with it and try to stay on their feet and adapt to the situation. They learn nothing from going down if they aren't brought down.
I didn't mean about it being wrong for them to try and stay on their feet, I was arguing the statement you made saying if you could stay on your feet you weren't fouled.
4evablu

Forget all the comments from Forest and all the demands they're making, the accusations being flung at individuals and organisations.....
What sums it up for me is the fact they've got Clattenburg acting on their righteous behalf... who was and still is the biggest cheating reprehensible bastard ever to walk on a football pitch.
WBFBTPL
Cods

AjaxAndy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:07 am Bleeds in to all levels too... I coach my son's footy team (under 9s) and he's awful for it, to the point parents and my other coaches have nearly pissed their pants laughing at some of the times he's gone down.

I've had to work really hard with him to stay on his feet... Even a couple of games ago he nearly went down off a tiny touch but thankfully didn't... He said to me 'we could have got a penalty but I didn't go down' to which I replied 'if you could have gone down but were able to stay on your feet then you weren't fouled'.

It's not like he's even good at diving, he's never won a single penalty doing it 🙄

Monkey see monkey do though... When he watches footy and commentators and pundits talk about it being a penalty for the smallest of contacts then it bleeds in to their subconscious that they then need to go down as they're told it's the right thing to do in effect
So professional player's on-field behaviour does in fact have consequences on impressionable young players?

I see. ;)
AjaxAndy

Cods wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:15 am So professional player's on-field behaviour does in fact have consequences on impressionable young players?

I see. ;)
Yeah not sure why I felt the need to make such an obvious point haha 🤣
AjaxAndy

Goaljira wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 am I didn't mean about it being wrong for them to try and stay on their feet, I was arguing the statement you made saying if you could stay on your feet you weren't fouled.
If you've ever tried to explain something complex to a 9 year old you'll understand it's much much easier to give them the info in very black and white terms than allow ambiguity... It's too confusing for them otherwise.
Goaljira

AjaxAndy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:10 pm If you've ever tried to explain something complex to a 9 year old you'll understand it's much much easier to give them the info in very black and white terms than allow ambiguity... It's too confusing for them otherwise.
I coached an age group from U8s all the way through to U16s.
AjaxAndy

Goaljira wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:54 pm I coached an age group from U8s all the way through to U16s.
Well if you can explain to a kid that age about contact in the area and make them understand it then fair play to you... I can't and my main concern is getting them to ride the challenge, adjust to the situation and try make it work rather than go down when they don't need to.
Toffee1

Shogun

He's also not going to be at their ground because there is a bigger and more important match happening in London a couple of hours before on Sky...
Gash

Pretty pathetic all this by Forest, it's a slippery slope if people or clubs start suing pundits and commentators for opinions or comments they make during a game.
Stumpy

4evablu wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:20 am Forget all the comments from Forest and all the demands they're making, the accusations being flung at individuals and organisations.....
What sums it up for me is the fact they've got Clattenburg acting on their righteous behalf... who was and still is the biggest cheating reprehensible bastard ever to walk on a football pitch.
Yeah he's got some nerve clattenburg.
His performance in the derby all them years ago is still the worst example of bias i've seen since Clive Thomas decided he would chalk off bryan hamiltons goal in the 77 semi so the shite could keep their treble bid in tact.
I remember one reporter's statement on Clattenburg's performance that day, non decisions, wrong decisions and changed decisions, Clattenburg served them all up and every time to the benefit of those in red
Bluedylan1

Forest fans seem to think it's all coming from Marinakis, and it's been said he's indulged in much worse behaviour than this at Olympiakos.
Gash

They wanted to release the statement at half time but fortunately someone managed to persuade them not to. It was bad enough at full time never mind during the game. Plus there was still another penalty shout to come. :)
Cods

Bluedylan1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:01 pm Forest fans seem to think it's all coming from Marinakis, and it's been said he's indulged in much worse behaviour than this at Olympiakos.
Including, ironically, officially withdrawing confidence from referees in the Greek super league, of which Clattenberg was chief at the time.
TheRam

Called Forest turning into a mess soon as they got promoted.

Their owner is another fat scumbag who should be in jail.

Gary Neville should be careful considering some of the very serious allegations against this idiot.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic