David Moyes

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AllyBlue14

Re: David Moyes

I think the thing that sets Moyes apart from Dyche is his record in the transfer market.

Okay, yeah, we had a few duds but at least you could see the logic. And for every Kroldrup, there was Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar.

I'm not really a Dyche basher, but I do worry the extent of our ambition would be Erik Pieters or Phil Bardsley.
777Kidnappings

AllyBlue14 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:56 pm I think the thing that sets Moyes apart from Dyche is his record in the transfer market.

Okay, yeah, we had a few duds but at least you could see the logic. And for every Kroldrup, there was Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar.

I'm not really a Dyche basher, but I do worry the extent of our ambition would be Erik Pieters or Phil Bardsley.
Think the problem is them players would be probably 15-20m in todays market. We don't have that. If we sign another young it's because that's the extent of our finances rather than a slight against someone's ambition.
Paddockoldie

If 777 turn out to be legit and decent, surely we'd get the option of loans from their other teams to help boost our squad
AjaxAndy

AllyBlue14 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:56 pm I think the thing that sets Moyes apart from Dyche is his record in the transfer market.

We'll never know his ambition given he won't be given the funds to achieve it anyway.

People will be like 'told you so' when he signs Brownhill, but the reality is even that's probably an over ambitious idea given the finances.
AllyBlue14

Yeah, my point was more that I'd trust Moyes more to unearth a gem on the never never than Dyche.

Maybe that's unfair on Dyche and his ambition in the PL has certainly been hampered by 2 teams with poor finances. But Steven Defour aside, I can't really associate him with any other 'exciting' players that will progress the team's style of play.
Cods

Well I wasn't sure that, even by now, I'd be mentally prepared enough to expect a somewhat pro-Moyes-for-Manager thread on NSNO, all these years later.
The Doc

I'd have him back for a few steady years and moving into the new stadium.
777Kidnappings

Beyond anything else why would moyes want the job. Its a god awful job. 1 of the worst teams in the league, smallest (negative) budget in the league, possible/probable points deductions and we've got delusions of grandure

The only way we attract a decent manager is if we find 1 that's completely unproven and you only have to look at the list of shite we've employed and signed over the last 10 years to know there's no fucking chance

We'd go for fucking martinez again again or the Portuguese guy again again again again. We are very lucky rooney and ferguson have shown the extent of their talents because all that everton experience and a champions league winner would be right up our street
Deano Blue Boy

And here is the big question.....

Would he want to come back?
Bluedylan1

Cods wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 am Well I wasn't sure that, even by now, I'd be mentally prepared enough to expect a somewhat pro-Moyes-for-Manager thread on NSNO, all these years later.
He had agreed to take the job when we did a last minute u-turn and appointed Ancelotti.

As elite as Carlo obviously is, you'd have to think we'd probably be in a much more stable place now if we'd just got Moyes then.

I think it's a perfectly reasonable, attainable suggestion if he leaves West Ham.
74Blue

I'd welcome a couple of years of Moyes' steady stability right now. We know exactly what Moyes brings to the party. He's pragmatic, but quietly effective. He knows how to wheel and deal on a shoestring and would definitely steady the ship.

Would Moyes come back right now? I very much doubt that he would want to risk his reputation on this complete fucking basket case of a club.

If we could somehow convince him to come back for a couple of years and stabilise us, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

We're a million miles away from being challengers right now. I'd happily take a.couple years of David Moyes pragmatic, slow and steady football just to get is back on an even keel. Sean Dyche is simply not working.
AjaxAndy

For all those wanting Moyes back, how would you feel if we were hovering around the relegation zone all season playing drab percentage football?

I think people are looking at things through nostalgia tinted spectacles, because as the season unfolded I'm fairly sure many wanting him back would have the same feelings as they have towards Dyche right now.
Bluedylan1

AjaxAndy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 am For all those wanting Moyes back, how would you feel if we were hovering around the relegation zone all season playing drab percentage football?

I think people are looking at things through nostalgia tinted spectacles, because as the season unfolded I'm fairly sure many wanting him back would have the same feelings as they have towards Dyche right now.
Pretty good. Whatever we do we're probably not going to be all that far from the relegation zone. Just be pleased to know Dyche is no longer here, and that we have a comfortably better manager.

And it's not rose tinted glasses either.

Pretty sure Moyes has just won West Ham a European trophy, and led them to multiple European seasons in a row, finishing 6th, 7th, 14th and 8th with them, which is basically as high as any manager could ever get West Ham in the league. Obviously we couldn't remotely expect to finish in European positions anytime in the near future, but the reason I point that out is that he is a manager who is still performing and achieving, and the positive view of him is not based on romantic visions of the past.
NickNack

We’re kind of like the Sunderland he went to. That didn’t end well.

Don’t get me wrong I thought Moyes was the best thing to happen to this club in years and wouldn’t be opposed to him returning but I can’t see it working if he came back

That’s the problem - I don’t see anyone getting us out of this mess Mosh & Co have got us in
Audrey Horne

madness
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic