David Moyes

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
TheRam

Re: David Moyes

Have people watched much of West Ham this season?

They’ve been largely terrible and their numbers reflect that.

I think we’d be getting a manager toward the end of his career not in tune with the modern game anymore.

Plus he has a solid track record of needing a good 18 months before you start to see results.

Considering how weak the squad could look that sounds like a recipe for relegation.

If we are to sack dyche I’d like us to get the replacement right for once. Get someone on the way up, not the way down.

I don’t get how people can moan about dyche then advocate replacing him with moyes. We’d see largely the same football wouldn’t we?
Gash

People rightly moan about Monday night but we saw plenty of those under Moyes too. You only need to look at West Ham this season to see that still happens, had a good result against Arsenal away but then got pumped 6-0 at home by them a few weeks later which was sandwiched between a 3-0 loss to Man Utd and 2-0 loss to Forest, 11 goals conceded in 3 games and none scored, pumped 5-0 away to Fulham earlier in the season too.

They're 8th but only because the league is pretty poor this season, look at the mess we're in but they've only won four more games than us.
Kerryblueboy

I’m not advocating moyes replaced dyche but moyes is 10 times the coach/manager dyche ever was or will be
AjaxAndy

If you gave Dyche that West Ham team they'd probably be pretty much in the same position... and if you put Moyes in this team likewise.

There's not an environment here for anyone to succeed, the players are absolutely awful, we've points deductions coming out of every orifice, half the team are leaving at the end of the year, the fans are fed up, we've no one steering the ship at board level, and the team are all absolutely exhausted because of the pathetically tiny squad we have.

You stick Moyes in here and he'd be playing the same negative shite in the hope of desperately grinding out enough draws to stay up, and the outcome would be almost if not identical to what we're seeing under Dyche.
Shogun

Not sure what makes Dyche the same level as Moyes? I guess he finished 7th once fighting off an 8th place Sam Allardyce led Everton.
TheRam

Shogun wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:39 pm Not sure what makes Dyche the same level as Moyes? I guess he finished 7th once fighting off an 8th place Sam Allardyce led Everton.
As we speak today I’d say they are on the same level or at least close, yes.

Everything you dislike about dyche moyes will give us.

Moyes has obviously had a better career and has been a very good manager but the same way dyches last year at Burnley had red flags, this season for West Ham doesn’t make me think he is in any way a good replacement for dyche.
cassius

It's a no from me.

I really don't know what sort of manager would be able to get any sort of tune out of this squad/next season's squad, but I'm confident Moyes isn't the answer.

I'd like Carsley, but I think he'd be a fool to take on this mess, unless he can help play the loans market in our favour.
Kerryblueboy

Ffs moyes won a European trophy last season they are on completely different levels not even a chance dyche gets near him
CraigS...

Even with 777 coming in I cant see a new manager on the cards , Dyche will have 1 year lefts to run on his deal and that would work out well for both him and 777

Just putting the name out there Steven Naismith doing good job at Hearts 54% win rate in his 1st job 1 more year up there could work out
Bluedylan1

I think for me, Moyes is a better manager than Dyche and the breadth of his career has demonstrated that.

I should also acknowledge that I just don't like Dyche and don't like how he operates as a manager or the way he communicates, so I absolutely have that bias.

Moyes knows Everton, he knows our the expectations of the fanbase, he knows crisis management and shoestring budgets. He knows how to get maximum value from limited players, he knows about tactical organisation to get a lot out of very little. He has a markedly better history of recruitment than Dyche in my opinion.

I think he has a much better breadth of knowledge about the European market, which given the crazy prices in England, is probably where we need to be operating more. I also think Moyes is more tactically flexible. He's played 4-3-3s. 4-2-3-1s, 5-3-2s and a few other variations just at West Ham alone.

I accept the valid criticisms that Moyes isn't a transformationally different prospect to Dyche, so aren't you just swapping a pragmatist for a bit better pragmatist? Yes, you are and that's fine. When people have criticised anti-Dyche people then often say ''Potter isn't gonna work here'', like that's the only other option than Dyche. No, it's fine to want a pragmatist. But it's also fine to want someone better than Dyche at being a pragmatist.

We'll have to see what happens with the ownership realistically, before we know about managerial changes, but I'd be absolutely fine with Moyes for a couple of seasons. I just think he's clearly a better manager than Sean Dyche.

It's becoming fairly apparent that a number of our players are not liking playing for Dyche, if they ever did. So even from that perspective, I think you get an immediate uplift in performance from just moving him on alone.
Goaljira

Without a Baines, Arteta, Cahill or Fellaini regen coming in for pittance it's going to end in tears.
Evertonian in NC

We let Ancelotti have too much influence on transfers, when his contract had a free out for Madrid (and who knows, for others). But when you run things like a starstruck teenager, that's what you get.
Kerryblueboy

If we do get a new manager it has to be someone who can work with young players because if we are skint and loads of guys out of contract we will need to bring 4/5 players in from the academy don’t think dyche is that man
TheRam

Kerryblueboy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:08 pm If we do get a new manager it has to be someone who can work with young players because if we are skint and loads of guys out of contract we will need to bring 4/5 players in from the academy don’t think dyche is that man
What academy players?

All the good ones have been sold off.
Kerryblueboy

I like okoronko wrong spelling mcallister Warrington etc we will have no choice if we can’t buy anyone
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic