David Moyes

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Toddacelli

Re: David Moyes

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:46 pm Just saw a stat that we have the joint second best clean sheet record this season with Newcastle (10, Arsenal top with 15).

Also 3rd best defensive record in the league.

Imagine if we actually scored somewhere near our XG... Don't think anyone would be wanting Dyche out if we had. Unfortunately we haven't so it's a mute point but an interesting one imo.
If we could get some guaranteed, regular, quality firepower….
HANNU

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:46 pm Just saw a stat that we have the joint second best clean sheet record this season with Newcastle (10, Arsenal top with 15).

Also 3rd best defensive record in the league.

Imagine if we actually scored somewhere near our XG... Don't think anyone would be wanting Dyche out if we had. Unfortunately we haven't so it's a mute point but an interesting one imo.
i seen the stat last week, we should be 5th according to attacking and defending xg
AjaxAndy

Piss of Moyes, we've got big bad Dyche with his gravelly voice and derby winning ways
TheRam

Still up for this, lads?
Shogun

Conceded one goal less than Dyche at Chelsea, so yeah.
Gash

Conceded five goals more than Dyche at Palace so no.
Cozzie

Didn't beat the shite, so no.
Bluedylan1

TheRam wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:10 pm Still up for this, lads?
Still think he's comfortably better than Dyche, so yes.

Not surprised that the wheels have come off once it's known that he's leaving, similar to Liverpool. Players stop listening if you're not going to be there in a few weeks.

But I accept that there's going to be no appetite to move Dyche on, now that we've recovered and finished the season strongly, so it's not a hill worth dying on.
AjaxAndy

I reckon if we'd got Moyes in and he'd kept us up when we looked dead and buried post Lampard, then secured us (potentially) 48 points the following season whilst dealing with all the off field shite and horrendous squad people would be giving him so much more praise than Dyche gets.
Bluedylan1

AjaxAndy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:42 pm I reckon if we'd got Moyes in and he'd kept us up when we looked dead and buried post Lampard, then secured us (potentially) 48 points the following season whilst dealing with all the off field shite and horrendous squad people would be giving him so much more praise than Dyche gets.
There's a constant stream of people praising Dyche on here, and 2 or 3 people who aren't fussed about him. Are we reading the same forum?
AjaxAndy

Bluedylan1 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:51 pm There's a constant stream of people praising Dyche on here, and 2 or 3 people who aren't fussed about him. Are we reading the same forum?
There's been a mix, some praise, some begrudging acceptance of the job he's done, some saying they still want him gone either this summer or once we're in BMD.
Deano Blue Boy

Cozzie wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:22 pm Didn't beat the shite, so no.
Who didn't?
brap2

I think any manager who presides over a record breaking winless run is gunna catch a few strays
Shogun

Obviously it's all a bit tongue-in-cheek but I doubt anybody's opinions are really going to have changed based on a couple of weeks football.

I think one of Moyes' strong points is seeking out players with specific talents and getting them to work hard and gel as a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. Obviously that bites him at times because it can be predictable and he runs them into the ground, but when I look at the mess we are in at board level alongside the rumours about Thelwell leaving then I'd trust Moyes more than any manager we can attract to try and build a squad with a bit of talent in it.

I'm not saying Dyche can't do that but you see someone like Young playing so much, Harrison being the most defensive winger we've seen whilst he's struggled to find a place for Chermiti, Beto, Patterson and Danjuma (whatever you think of them) then I worry we're going to just have a squad filled with 'dependable' journeymen who can adequately hold the shape of the team but are actually poor footballers with little to no value.

Dyche is going nowhere and I'm not saying it's easy when you've got little-to-no money to go find a talented player, I just think Moyes has proven his ability to do that a lot more than Dyche has in their respective careers.
Toddacelli

Never go back.

Howard Kendal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic