Great Goodison moments.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Paddockoldie

Re: Great Goodison moments.

Beating united 5:0. The best display I think I've seen
superpull

Bluebridge wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:21 pm pick any season in recent history.
Thought it was very apt for this season. Can't really remember another season in our history when it would quite hit the same.
AllyBlue14

Wow, I wasn't ready for that at all.
Last edited by AllyBlue14 on Wed May 01, 2024 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AllyBlue14

Last edited by AllyBlue14 on Wed May 01, 2024 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shogun

I'm going to be a wreck this time next season like.

Would be nice to have Villa as the final fixture at Goodison. Most played league fixture in English football.
Cozzie

Gonna be sad isn't it.

It's a dying breed of stadium. There isn't many left like it.
CannockPricey

Have said it before on here that I fully accept the logical case for BMD but it doesn't matter at all how good it is, it won't be the same. None of the childhood memories, the walk through Stanley Park especially to a night game.

The Old Lady is creaking at the seams and to generate money in this era we need a BMD style ground but I'll never love it the same. In fact I just don't think I'll ever love it.
Goaljira

CannockPricey wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:31 am Have said it before on here that I fully accept the logical case for BMD but it doesn't matter at all how good it is, it won't be the same. None of the childhood memories, the walk through Stanley Park especially to a night game.

The Old Lady is creaking at the seams and to generate money in this era we need a BMD style ground but I'll never love it the same. In fact I just don't think I'll ever love it.
You won't. I wont. Pretty much rveryone on here won't.

But hopefully our kids and theirs in the future with few if any nostalgic Goodison memories will have the same affection for BMD and the memories that they get to experience there.

It probably won't last 130 years(Neither may humans tbf), but it'll be our home for a few new generations.
Paddockoldie

The tears outside will raise the level of the mersey. Once Goodison touches you, nothing will be the same. I was gonna put the Old Lady but it felt wrong
superpull

Got one season ticket between my two kids. Little lad has been more into it, but my eldest girl has starting wanting to go as well.

Asked who wants last at Goodison/first at Bramley.
Both initially said Goodison and I started to have a mild panic.

Then my 12 year old girl said she didn't want to stand there watching a load of old men crying so she wants to go the first at Bramley instead :lol:

She's not wrong.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic