Will Dominic Calvert-Lewin score again this season?

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
blueforyou

Will Dominic Calvert-Lewin score again this season?

Hopefully...

...against Fulham
AjaxAndy

Re: Will Dominic Calvert-Lewin score again this season?

Haha smart thinking!
mahoney1978

Been waiting for this post… thank you 😉
Cods

Re: Will Dominic Calvert-Lewin score a hat-trick again this season?

You omitted 'a hat trick'

Three years ago, the heady days, when we had the likes of Richarlison, Sigurdsson, James and Digne all on the ball and/or in the box...
blueforyou

Will he?

Still waiting...
Shogun

Don't want this to become another Dyche argument but I was watching Solanke today who is I think the third top scorer in the league and there wasn't much in his game where I thought he'd be bagging in our side at a better rate than DCL.

DCL had a decent effort that was well saved but you think back to the way Carlo used him where he was constantly in the box compared to the way he's being used now and it just seems a bit of a waste? It feels like he's miles away from the box most of the time.
AjaxAndy

Yeah he's never in the right place at the right time and that's totally on how he's being used.

If you see how often Beto is getting chances in comparison it suggests DCL is following Dyche's instructions to a tee, and Beto because he's not really able to inadvertently ends up getting chances purely by way of not having ran out wide or dropped deep.

I'd hate to be DCL right now, even if he does get a chance it's understandable that he misses given how much time and effort is spent running about nowhere near the goal.
Paddockoldie

Agree totally with the previous 2 posts. Get him in the box, then provide the service. He's being fucked over with Dyche's style of lump it and expect him to do anything with defenders all over him. Keep him in the box, not dropping deep
eyesalwaysblue

Beto gets in were it counts, is he under different orders, the silly unnatural lifting of both legs off the ground for the "pen" was pathetic, gave the perfect excuse for it not to be given, only certain teams get given them.
Cozzie

I still maintain he's been bollocks since @Shogun changed his avatar.
Gash

Teflon Dom, it's never his fault.
777Kidnappings

He's absolutely awful. Absolutely dyches fault that he's not scoring at the same rate as his fluke spell under ancelotti where we actually played great and had James and richarlison both playing well

He's probably going to end the season about 10 goals behind what average finishing would have gotten him. Dyche really needs to run on and finish a chance or 2 for him at some stage

People like the Simms beto comparison. We should have kept maupay and fucked DCL off
Evertonfc15

when we get relegated this season after the inevitable points deduction dcl will start scoring freely like a new man
he wont stop scoring when the pressure will be off us
777Kidnappings

Evertonfc15 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:30 am when we get relegated this season after the inevitable points deduction dcl will start scoring freely like a new man
he wont stop scoring when the pressure will be off us
He's got 50 goals in 205 games. He's not even a 1 in 4 striker. Couple of purple patches aside He's probably not even a 1 in 6 or 7 striker. He isn't going to suddenly start scoring freely cos hes not capable of it. Least he's living the dream still at evertons expense
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic