Kalvin Philips On Loan

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Trowel

Kalvin Philips On Loan

Brownie

Re: Summer Transfer Window Discussion

Trowel wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:24 am
Absolutely stank the place out at West Ham. Mate of mine is a Hammer - was buzzing when they signed him and within two weeks was rescinding all of the text messages he’d sent to us saying how he was going to be a game changer
brap2

Get him fit and his head right and he's he a great loan.

Sell Onana and let Philips on loan take that role.
Bluedylan1

Yeah it's weird what's happened with him. Dyche and Moyes aren't dissimilar and you'd imagine Moyes would've got something out of him and he'd have a lot to prove at West Ham. The fact that neither of those things happened, and that it went badly south would be quite a big red flag. Also there was the stuff about his weight at Man City.

On the other hand he played his best stuff under Bielsa, who had a super intense training regime and playing style, so maybe if you could get him fully fit and invested in the team, he'd be an asset.

Would be a risk. Would worry about seeing him spending most of the season on the bench because Dyche wasn't into his attitude.
Kerryblueboy

Isn’t he on 200 k a week at city
TheRam

Get the impression he’s not really looked after himself all that well.

He’s worth the risk as he’s a good player and the type we need in there but would worry about having another older player who doesn’t have the motivation anymore.
Cozzie

Yeah it's a strange one, the guys obviously got talent.

Not sure why it never worked for him at West Ham but I'd happily take a punt no problem.

Get him back to his best and we have a hell of a player.
777Kidnappings

Going off the cost of his last loan Phillips would be a stupid signing. West ham paid 6m and all his wages.... that's 16m for a full season and he was awful
Gash

He's a decent player and won't be the last to go to Man City and sink without trace. I'm just not sure we can be taking on another player who's been decent but clearly needs an arm round his shoulder and could take 15 games to get back to any sort of form.
Escla

Would be a hell of a gamble at £150 k a week plus loan fee.
Goaljira

Just feels like the same arguments that were put forward for why Dele would work out, and I'm not falling for it again.
StirlingBlue

It would all be dependant upon the loan terms.

Given how he tanked at West Ham I doubt City will be asking for as much, half his wages with no fee and it’s a great deal - anything approaching the West Ham one and it’s awful
AndSeel

Feel he was massively unfit during his West Ham tenure. If we could get him match fit he would be a solid option to have.
Granite

Need him in for a full preseason, if we were to do it.
Shogun

We should be absolutely nowhere near Phillips. Need to look at players as they are rather than what they were.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic