Ashley "not so" Young

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Bob Sacamano

Re: Ashley "not so" Young

Godfrey minutes is more useful to us than Young minutes.
Cozzie

Hoping his performance and goal last night doesn't change Dyches mind.
Cods

Cozzie wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:59 pm Hoping his performance and goal last night doesn't change Dyches mind.
Hoping his performance and goal last night does change Dyche's mind.
Blueski

To be fair to him the og was horribly unlucky
AjaxAndy

Blueski wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:37 am To be fair to him the og was horribly unlucky
Yeah couldn't do much Bout that, and by and large had a decent enough game.

Not sure Patterson Vs Mitoma would have been a good idea so can see why You g got the nod.

I want to see Patterson playing but for his own benefit as well as ours, there's games you don't want him anywhere near the starting lineup.
Bob Sacamano

Can’t see how Patterson watching Young playing against Mitoma and costing us points is more productive than Patterson actually playing against Mitoma and potentially costing points. This is probably more of an anti-young post than it is a pro-Patterson post. I think young is shite and has cost us Michael Keane level of points already this season. His last two games he had a red card and an own goal. May as well play wild Ben as RB at this point.
sam of the south

Haha, Wild Ben.

And yeah, Young is poop.

I like Patterson, he has tools, and he has age on his side, whereas Young has neither of these things.
Juanito

AjaxAndy wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:05 am
Blueski wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:37 am To be fair to him the og was horribly unlucky

Not sure Patterson Vs Mitoma would have been a good idea so can see why You g got the nod.

I want to see Patterson playing but for his own benefit as well as ours, there's games you don't want him anywhere near the starting lineup.
Not so sure about that. I thought he was blowing and his legs had gone (2 games in a few days for a 38 year old) and a player with legs would have doubled up on Mitoma, not stood where he was, or perhaps would have had the dexterity to manipulate the ball a bit more, rather than just bouncing off his old, tired legs.

Don’t blame him, though. Dyche should have taken him off before that.
Shogun

Thought he played well tbh. Harrison tired towards the end which is when Mitoma started getting 1 on 1s with him.

Should have brought Patto on at the end and moved Young in front of him.
Cantoffee

Thought he did fine. A bit leggy towards the end, surprised he played the full 90 on Wednesday if he was always likely to get the nod yesterday
AjaxAndy

Juanito wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:12 pm
AjaxAndy wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:05 am

Not so sure about that. I thought he was blowing and his legs had gone (2 games in a few days for a 38 year old) and a player with legs would have doubled up on Mitoma, not stood where he was, or perhaps would have had the dexterity to manipulate the ball a bit more, rather than just bouncing off his old, tired legs.

Don’t blame him, though. Dyche should have taken him off before that.
Problem is that Patterson gets pulled out of position and dives in... Not all the time but once or twice every game, so it'd have been a risk to being him on against their only dangerous player.

I like Patterson, think he needs game time, but against Mitoma in a game where defensive positioning is paramount, then I'm not sure that's the time to use him.
AjaxAndy

Dare I say he was fine against Palace?

Actually blocked a cross too at one point.
Blueomar

AjaxAndy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:31 pm Dare I say he was fine against Palace?

Actually blocked a cross too at one point.
Played well, didn’t do anything memorable, which is good in this case.
Shogun

Said it before and I'll say it again... How has he managed to blag people that he's a full back?

Only started playing the position for Aston Villa in a back 4 last season. He's absolutely horrific. Bad bad bad Dyche signing.
Cozzie

He'll be in the line up next week sadly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic