Ashley "not so" Young

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Stumpy

Re: Ashley "not so" Young

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:34 pm Yeah when he tried to dribble down the wing and beat a man I thought I was watching a slow mo replay.

He's beyond finished, take him out back and put him and us out of our collective misery please!
Yeah i've had no looks on him since he came here, but last night he was the absolute pits.
As far as i'm concerned last night was the neville moment for me when he was subbed off in the Wigan cup shambles and we never seen him again.
Let's hope the same thing happens to Young
Toddacelli

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:39 pm That simply doesn't translate to what we see when Patterson plays though. Hes fallen behind godfrey too now. With hindsight he'd be better off on loan. Be delighted if we could somehow get our 12m back for him
Of course he’s fallen behind. He’s not getting a run.

I have said this many times but this kid ONLY PLAYED 8 GAMES before coming to the world’s elite league. (Probably not exactly 8 games but pitifully few)
Gash

Even if Patterson's not playing at RB he'd still be a better option than Young on the right, he's a bit more pace and can deliver a ball when he's given a chance. Dyche has a blind spot for some players and seems to want to play experience over youth, which is a shame but understandable at times. I can see Patterson becoming another of many young players here who haven't had the chance of a decent loan as they're needed for squad cover so have their development damaged as they're sitting around here either getting the odd game or warming the bench, he's at an age he needs to be playing, making mistakes and learning from them. If was an agent of a young player we were after I'd run a fucking mile rather than send my player to us.
Shogun

Hard work this fella

Dreading him starting the derby
Goaljira

He woke up this morning and thought that taking the piss out of being extremely lucky not to derail us yesterday was the way to go instead of just keeping his head down and getting on with it.

What a fucking whopper. Show some humility.
cassius

Goaljira wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:46 am

He woke up this morning and thought that taking the piss out of being extremely lucky not to derail us yesterday was the way to go instead of just keeping his head down and getting on with it.

What a fucking whopper. Show some humility.
Maybe he's referencing the last track on the album, Never Again, which is what we're all thinking about his name being on the team sheet?
Bob Sacamano

That reference has gone right over my head.
Goaljira

Bob Sacamano wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:24 am That reference has gone right over my head.
The preview cuts off the bottom. He's showing he's listening to 'Cry me a river'.
Shogun

Don't mind the shithousery tbf
Sirblue57

One of the worst.( of so so many) signings
Cozzie

What I hate most about the guy is you could be playing the perfect game where everything was going tip top and this clown could just throw it all away with a bizarre I'll timed tackle or a moment of madness.

Just devastated he's part of this club.
777Kidnappings

Sirblue57 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:50 am One of the worst.( of so so many) signings
He's probably not in the worst 20 just under moshiri. People are so dramatic
TheRam

Shogun wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:45 am Don't mind the shithousery tbf
They deserve it for how they’ve acted.
NomadskiEFC

I swear he had at least a ton on Everton conceding a penalty yesterday.
Gary1878

It's not Ashley Young's fault he is being picked, or that he is 38.

The biggest issue is that he has zero pace and acceleration, and can't read the game well enough to make up for it, so basically he can't really do anything in a defensive or offensive capacity. He shouldn't be competing at this level.

Even if he gets in the right positions, in a split second he can be in the wrong one because he has no acceleration to do anything about it. He can be on the right side of an attacker, and then gets burnt for pace and ends up on the wrong side very quickly.

It's really indicative on the state of the squad that he has had so much game time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic