Ashley "not so" Young

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Ashley "not so" Young

sam of the south wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:03 am Harrison looked more central to me, I thought
He was... Played the 'Duke' role.
Paddockoldie

If we're using Young it has to be further up the pitch for me. He's weak as full back and no coincidence he's been targeted. Did okay last night overall
MmmBlueBranthwaite

Hmmm

Hiding him in central midfield is not the answer, opposed to hiding him on the bench, or in the changing rooms.
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
cassius

I know he's an easy target and all, but I actually cringed when he picked up the ball on the right and tried to run with it last night.

It was like watching the Olympic heats when you have a swimmer who can barely swim up against the big boys.
brap2

Frightening that he's starting games for us
777Kidnappings

I haven't minded him this season after a poor start. Last night though it seemed like what pace he did have he'd lost overnight.

The chronic lack of pace throughout our team is a massive problem
Shogun

brap2 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:12 pm Frightening that he's starting games for us
And it's not a last resort
Cozzie

If he's fit and available he starts.

Which is quite frankly, terrifying.
Stumpy

Cozzie wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:59 pm If he's fit and available he starts.

Which is quite frankly, terrifying.
And an absolute disgrace
Stumpy

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:14 pm I haven't minded him this season after a poor start. Last night though it seemed like what pace he did have he'd lost overnight.

The chronic lack of pace throughout our team is a massive problem
Last night he looked exactly what he is, a washed out old has been with absolutely nothing to offer the team whatsoever
777Kidnappings

Stumpy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:15 pm Last night he looked exactly what he is, a washed out old has been with absolutely nothing to offer the team whatsoever

He went down the line 1 time and I think I'd of beat him for pace. Think he's a better right back than Patterson still. Though I'd have Coleman over both of them

The problem is we aren't really signing who we want. We are signing who's available on a free or a free loan or on the never never. It's why we've ended up with young Harrison and beto rather than players whod help our balance
AjaxAndy

Yeah when he tried to dribble down the wing and beat a man I thought I was watching a slow mo replay.

He's beyond finished, take him out back and put him and us out of our collective misery please!
Toddacelli

Patterson is such a better option. And hellbonly get better. Playing Young is just stealing valuable development hours.
777Kidnappings

Toddacelli wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:36 pm Patterson is such a better option. And hellbonly get better. Playing Young is just stealing valuable development hours.

That simply doesn't translate to what we see when Patterson plays though. Hes fallen behind godfrey too now. With hindsight he'd be better off on loan. Be delighted if we could somehow get our 12m back for him
Kerryblueboy

Should only be a squad player but key player to dyche
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic