Andre Gomes

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Trowel

Re: Andre Gomes

He was OK - showed well for the ball, but still very slow to sort his feet out and get his head up. What he does show is his orchestration role is exactly the sort of player we're missing each week.
Cozzie

Yeah. My heart was in my mouth every time he collected the ball in midfield and turned like a tank.

Has a keen eye for a pass which, maybe other than Onana, none of our other midfielders do.

Wouldn't start him against the shite like.
777Kidnappings

Did okay but we pay him 135k a week and his good games are him being competent
brap2

Blue room saying sign him up, kind of player that wins games on his own, sign him up at any expense.

And for that reason I'm oot
AjaxAndy

brap2 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:32 pm Blue room saying sign him up, kind of player that wins games on his own, sign him up at any expense.

Yeah that's absolute madness, there's a reason I stopped listening to their podcast. I think only Rob Vera (sp?) is the only one who seems to speak any real sense on there and he hardly ever used to be on.

If he was willing to take maybe £40k a week I'd be tempted to keep him because we need to replace soooo many players as it is that really as a break in case of emergency player that'd be ok, and it's unlikely we'd get a player in on a free and low wages that wasn't a total yard dog or very past it Young style signing.

But that's probably the only way I could advocate for re-signing him and it definitely wouldn't be based on some notion of quality he would bring to the team.
Blueomar

brap2 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:32 pm Blue room saying sign him up, kind of player that wins games on his own, sign him up at any expense.

I listened to that and thought that they felt he's worth signing at a much lower wage. If he could be signed for something reasonable, I tend to agree.
TheRam

This is fake news.
Shogun

Tell you what though, he is a genuinely beautiful man. Thought I was watching a film when the camera panned to him taking the corner.

He unfortunately ruined the moment by taking the corner.
brap2

Blueomar wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:37 pm I listened to that and thought that they felt he's worth signing at a much lower wage. If he could be signed for something reasonable, I tend to agree.
Matt said that tbf, which obviously I disagree with because the guy hasn't played more than a handful of games for us in years and a thimbleful of 5/10+ ones at that.

The others seemed more keen. Wins games on his own! Must have missed them games.
brap2

TheRam wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:47 pm This is fake news.
Instant match reaction outside the denbigh.

Matt said lower wages maybe (fair)

Downie said any cost.

The fella who says "insomuch as" all the time said he's the sort of player who wins games on his own.

All praised his incredible ability on the ball.

He's crap!
Blueomar

brap2 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:51 pm Matt said that tbf, which obviously I disagree with because the guy hasn't played more than a handful of games for us in years and a thimbleful of 5/10+ ones at that.

The others seemed more keen. Wins games on his own! Must have missed them games.
Yeah, I do have to agree the "win games on his own" comment was a bit curious.
Kerryblueboy

No way destined for the gulf or back to Portugal thought he was going to be a game changer for us ended up costing us a fortune
Goaljira

Don't fall for it. Stay away. Let him leave.
eyesalwaysblue

we're a more creative side with him around, wages are another matter
brap2

In the bottom 29th percentile in the top European leagues for xa, without taking out set pieces.

Does keep the ball moving tho and probably isn't as comparatively crap as he was a few years ago, but that's because the rest of the side has dropped down a few levels, so yeah happy enough to see him play a bit but he's a big slow statue who should be moved on asap really.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic