Football Pet Hates

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
TheRam

Re: Football Pet Hates

Oh no
cassius

4evablu wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:54 pm I just cant get my head around women commentators for some reason...honestly dunno why?
What part is difficult to get your head around?
4evablu

i just dunno it just doesn't sound right to me...maybe being an old fart i'm just too "programmed" to hearing men commentators.
Having said that i reckon most if not all of them are biaised shites also.....i do tend to turn the commentary off with certain commentators though when i get to watch footy on the telly.
WBFBTPL
Gorillabear9

Hasn’t even happened yet but add blue cards to the list
Toffee1

The Premier League still being called The Premiership.
Mouse

Son Heung-Min, the sanctimonious shite he has put out today about Lee from PSG apologising to HIM (oh and everyone else) is toe-curling and puke inducing. Who do we think wrote this for young Lee? “I promised to have a more proper attitude and courtesy when dealing with my seniors and colleagues….I knew in my head how important this tournament was to Son, but I didn't show that with my behaviour”. Must be nice to be god.
Shogun

Pundits and commentators trying to make "quarterback" a thing in football
cassius

When commentators say 'football club' after they've said the club's name in a sentence. Like:

"It's just not good enough for Arsenal Football Club."
Bluedylan1

cassius wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:56 pm When commentators say 'football club' after they've said the club's name in a sentence. Like:

"It's just not good enough for Arsenal Football Club."
I think it's people trying to give something additional gravitas, but it makes them sound silly.
Shogun

Must cause some confusion in Hull matches
Toffee1

"Back on the Grass".
cassius

When a player hits a ball and it sails out of play and the person they were aiming at lifts their thumb up or claps in acknowledgement at the idea.

It was a shit pass, it shouldn't in any way be applauded.
Shogun

International breaks. I don't even like Everton but football stopping for these periods bores the fuck out of me.

Can't they just get all the international football out the way in one block instead of suspending the leagues for two weeks multiple times a season?
CannockPricey

Shogun wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:22 pm International breaks. I don't even like Everton but football stopping for these periods bores the fuck out of me.

Can't they just get all the international football out the way in one block instead of suspending the leagues for two weeks multiple times a season?
Hear hear. I wouldn't miss international football if they abolished it entirely.

If they have to have it, do it in two/three weeks in the summer. Qualifiers one year, tournament the next. That would avoid disrupting important football.
Bluedylan1

I've started to love international breaks. Don't watch any of the games, like, but the break is to be cherished.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic