Re: New Everton Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock

Much better decision.

Eyes on the fixture list for 24/25 and who the last game at GP will be! 👀
Cereal Killer

Stevenage if the PL get their way!
American Evertonian

Wil be nice to see us lift the PL trophy one more time in the Old Lady before we move. Happy with the decision. 😁
Feed the Yak!
Evertonfc15

cant wait to see the shiny metal mesh roof - which will enlcose the current roof as it appears now
which will be the finishing touch to this magnificent stadium
am sure this was in the original plans photos for the bramley moore
Evertonfc15

American Evertonian wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:20 am Wil be nice to see us lift the PL trophy one more time in the Old Lady before we move. Happy with the decision. 😁
ha ha if we keep playin like we are doin right now............ :D
Paddockoldie

I know it's the future, but so much of my past will be left behind.. standing on a beer crate, the boys pen. I've watched us from every part of the old girl. I'll cry like a child 😢 😭
74Blue

Paddockoldie wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:09 pm I know it's the future, but so much of my past will be left behind.. standing on a beer crate, the boys pen. I've watched us from every part of the old girl. I'll cry like a child 😢 😭
I love Goodison Park. I have so many fond memories.from the place. However, she's falling to bits and we simply have to move or get well and truly left behind.

The last game at Goodison is foing to be super-emotional, but Bramley More is our future and a place where we can make new memories. An iconic stadium planted deep in the heart of Liverpool's docklands. What a sight it will be for tourists on board cruise liners as they are just about to dock at the Puer Head.
CannockPricey

It's progress, it's the right decision. I accepted all that a long time ago but it doesn't matter how good it is, it won't feel the same and that does mark me as out as a miserable old bastard and I probably am these days.

My Dad taking me and my sister thirty plus years ago. Because we didn't live local, trips to GP were occasions so we have photos and even more importantly, stories and memories.

My youngest is 4 so the plan is me and her Auntie (my sister) taking her for a stadium tour but it makes me sad that her memorable teenage games burnt into her memory so deep you can see them forever will be at a different place than ours.

It's sentimental and irrelevant and BMD is undoubtedly the right thing but there's no way I'll love it the same.
Toddacelli

Paddockoldie wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:09 pm I know it's the future, but so much of my past will be left behind.. standing on a beer crate, the boys pen. I've watched us from every part of the old girl. I'll cry like a child 😢 😭
Standing on a beer crate! I used to do that! Got it from the Royal Oak before the game and handed into the Netley after the game if I recall correctly. The Netley had a video jukebox and I would always play Dire Straits Walk Of Life on it because the video was bloopers and tackles and stuff from American Football.

Getting inside my dad’s big coat to push through the turnstile as one and my dad would slip a few bob to the gate man. Not being able to see or hear much until dad unzipped his coat and the sights, sounds and smells hit me.

Does anyone else remember a few times going in through something like a police room? I have this weird memory fragment and not 100% sure if it was Goodison or not.
Escla

I have a vague recollection of my dad paying 5 shillings for upper Gwladys and 3d for a cushion. That was before plastic seating, just wooden bench.
eyesalwaysblue

You were blessed mate, me and our kid sawed our bunk bed ladders in half, got a slap for that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic