New Everton Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Gash

Re: New Everton Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock

Always thought a mid season move would be difficult to do, I'd be happy if we see another full season at Goodison then start the new season at BMD. Looking forward to it, I'm not going to let the current situation get in the way of it, I'll miss Goodison but some of the latest video with seats in place look brilliant.
superpull

That's what the recent survey was all a out. As soon as they asked that question it was obvious that there was only one outcome.

Read towards the end of the old forum the build schedule and it was apparent it started a few months late. That's carried on through and it looks like it's going to finish 4-6 months late.

Deffo the right action to wait for the season to finish, despite the additional cost.
NomadskiEFC

New plan seems far more sensible
velimski

What was the reasoning behind making 1 of the stands smaller than the other 3? It's playing on my OCD a little.
Trowel

velimski wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:50 pm What was the reasoning behind making 1 of the stands smaller than the other 3? It's playing on my OCD a little.
Proximity to the United Utilities site so the North stand can't overhang it, whereas the South stand can overhang the Nelson dock. I imagine there's a good reason why the South stand couldn't be any further south (giving more room for the north) - the Nelson dock walls probably?
Granite

Anyone else seen the rumours that the ground will be completed around end of 2024, but we won’t be moving in until the start of the 2025/26 season? So for 8 months we’ll be running both sites. Doesn’t make sense to me, financially.
superpull

Granite wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:17 pm Anyone else seen the rumours that the ground will be completed around end of 2024, but we won’t be moving in until the start of the 2025/26 season? So for 8 months we’ll be running both sites. Doesn’t make sense to me, financially.
Survey went out to fans asking what they'd prefer to do.

Large majority said they didn't want to move mid-season
Cereal Killer

Granite wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:17 pm Anyone else seen the rumours that the ground will be completed around end of 2024, but we won’t be moving in until the start of the 2025/26 season? So for 8 months we’ll be running both sites. Doesn’t make sense to me, financially.
It was pretty much confirmed already wasn’t it?

Following completion there needs to be various test events etc to get all the necessary certification that would take months anyway, then the club highlighted the difficulties moving mid-season with ticket holders and infrastructure
Granite

Tottenham managed it midseason. We’ve taken on Ticketmaster to help us with the process.

I just think we should be in there asap when we’re haemorrhaging money every month. Needs must, imo.

I can imagine a lot of fans who don’t want to leave mid season simply don’t want to leave Goodison, full stop.

I don’t get it, personally.
Escla

Tottenham had the contingency/fall back position of use of Wembley Stadium. When do you determine the exact date from when you sell tickets ? Sell tickets, have an unforeseen delay then you have the Anfield fiasco. There are numerous considerations that would make a mid season move foolish, I am a season ticket holder, have no idea as yet where I will be allocated a new seat or at what price, I can’t imagine that my season ticket in BMD will be as cheap as it is at GP so do I pay a mid season supplement ?
Let’s get the stadium completed, iron out all the gremlins and make an orderly move at tge start of the season.
Shogun

Maybe we should have Anfield as a backup? :whistle:
bigmanbob

:lol: Nah you're ok
TheRam

Granite wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:52 pm Tottenham managed it midseason. We’ve taken on Ticketmaster to help us with the process.

I just think we should be in there asap when we’re haemorrhaging money every month. Needs must, imo.

I can imagine a lot of fans who don’t want to leave mid season simply don’t want to leave Goodison, full stop.

I don’t get it, personally.
By the time the stadium has been completed, signed off ready to open and completed test events there will be two games left in the season.

This is what’s coming out of the club.
Escla

Shogun wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:28 pm Maybe we should have Anfield as a backup? :whistle:
Have they finished their loft conversion yet ?
Cods

Shogun wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:28 pm Maybe we should have Anfield as a backup? :whistle:
With our current form it'd be lovely to win the league and bookend titles won at that place!

Granted it would be easier with our 10 points back, and another 10 from the premier league with their apology for all the trouble they've caused. :snigger:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic