Jack Harrison

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Goaljira

Re: Jack Harrison

Even if he was good I'm not sure he'd be a priority to spend decent money on given who shite and short the rest of the squad is.

Rather game on some randomer with pace who will actually pass the ball to a teammate(So, not Danjuma).
Cods

I'd play him behind the striker to the right (Doucouré to his left) as he has nouse, can press, makes quick decisions and has incisive and well-weighted passing in the final third, as well as an eye for goal. He does this slightly better than McNeil, whose main attribute is good shooting in the same spaces. McNeil is better carrying it.

He doesn't do so well being marked out with no support players to offload it to, or interlink with.

Patterson (RB) , Garner (DM) and Harrison (AMR) would be an exciting short passing and rapid right hand side that would be on the same wavelength and get us goals with good incisive interplay.
howard1334

Cods wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:53 pm I'd play him behind the striker to the right (Doucouré to his left) as he has nouse, can press, makes quick decisions and has incisive and well-weighted passing in the final third, as well as an eye for goal. He does this slightly better than McNeil, whose main attribute is good shooting in the same spaces. McNeil is better carrying it.

He doesn't do so well being marked out with no support players to offload it to, or interlink with.

Patterson (RB) , Garner (DM) and Harrison (AMR) would be an exciting short passing and rapid right hand side that would be on the same wavelength and get us goals with good incisive interplay.
"makes quick decisions and has incisive and well-weighted passing in the final third" - what is the basis for this? He's constantly giving the ball away in the final third, often getting caught in possession.
Cods

howard1334 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:28 pm "makes quick decisions and has incisive and well-weighted passing in the final third" - what is the basis for this? He's constantly giving the ball away in the final third, often getting caught in possession.
That he is capable of laying it on a plate, (or hitting the top corner), that of our options only McNeil comes close to replicating. Driving to the line and dinking it up to Dom, or where Dom should be. He's quick in feet and mind, can turn quickly in tight spaces and is used to playing pass and move and high pressing football. We play the latter at times, but not so much the former whether by design or player capacities.

You of course can't do that when marked by two or three players, with no outlet/overlapping option. If he has players around him that are awake to what he can do (eg Garner, Patterson/Coleman) then I think he can be used successfully. Whilst he has an engine I don't think that having him sitting on top of a very defensive and/or poor Right Back like Godfrey is helping his game at all (read same for McNeil, yet he has an uncanny knack of getting himself out of a maze).

You want him running at the box or, pass and go type stuff. He can be clinical if given the chance, which most of our players aren't. And we need goals.

I'm also not saying he doesn't make mistakes, and is sometimes poor, like any other player, but we have a chance if we use him for what he's good at.

Blind alleys are particularly so when there aren't avenues to take an alternate route.
brap2

He's absolutely shite
Bluenose91

Actually surprised at how bad he's been especially the last few months.

Don't think the set up of the team is getting the best out of him either but his general play is so poor.
AndSeel

brap2 wrote:He's absolutely shite
I quite agree.

Sent from my SM-G977B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Bob Sacamano

So, so disappointed with him. He’s a pure MotD highlights player.
UnsyisaRhino

I honestly think that him a garner put all their energy into the hard work side of things, so when it comes to making a good decision in the final third or show some composure when shooting, there's nothing left in the tank.

His performance in the final third in our last home game was extremely poor.
Free Agent

UnsyisaRhino wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:47 pm
His performance in the final third in our last home game was extremely poor.
In truth, its been poor the entire season
CraigS...

For £20mil no thanks , would go for this instead Morgan Whittaker

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/morgan- ... ler/502075
Trowel

Fantastic last night, both defensively - working to help Godfrey with Diaz, by a country mile their best player - and offensively - with the legs to act as a foil for layoffs and out balls. Calm in possession to set up McNeil for the shot which ultimately led to the corner and the goal.

A huge performance... but, too little too late?
Paddockoldie

Did well last night, but only last night when the whole team turned up
The Doc

His ball for the pen that VAR overuled was brilliant. Yeah he had a really good game and that's the player I remember from when we played Leeds.
Gary1878

When he has the quality like he did yesterday, he is a brilliant player to have in the side, but it's just not often enough that he shows it.

Obviously no doubting his commitment and energy - his output on that side of the game is fantastic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic