Our Captain Seamus Coleman

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Kerryblueboy

Re: Our Captain Seamus Coleman

Juanito wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:51 pm Surely he should start against Bournemouth
He should but I bet he won’t
Kerryblueboy

Seamus playing the full game against Switzerland this evening and doing well again
Shogun

Coleman basically playing two full games over the international break whilst I've had to watch Ben fucking Godfrey for the last month?
777Kidnappings

Our best right back by an absolute mile. Says plenty about the other options.
AjaxAndy

Shogun wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 pm Coleman basically playing two full games over the international break whilst I've had to watch Ben fucking Godfrey for the last month?
Don't think it's because Dyche prefers Godfrey, just think he's not wanted to rush him back.

Obviously Ireland couldn't give a fuck if he gets injured again because he's played too much footy too quickly so will play him regardless of what's best for the next few months.
Kerryblueboy

Motm again tonight as well was really solid played on the right of a back 3 second half
Kerryblueboy

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:43 pm Don't think it's because Dyche prefers Godfrey, just think he's not wanted to rush him back.

Obviously Ireland couldn't give a fuck if he gets injured again because he's played too much footy too quickly so will play him regardless of what's best for the next few months.
Or maybe he was fit and dyche just preferred Godfrey
TheRam

How are you lads still going on about this?
TheRam

Patterson showed why exactly he hasn’t been playing tonight.
Shogun

TheRam wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:23 pm Patterson showed why exactly he hasn’t been playing tonight.
You had Scotland v Northern Ireland on tonight? How'd he do?
TheRam

Shogun wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:31 pm You had Scotland v Northern Ireland on tonight? How'd he do?
I just saw the error that lead to the goal.

It was terrible.

The kind of mistake a young full back makes though but highlights why dyche doesn’t trust him.
Shogun

TheRam wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:35 pm I just saw the error that lead to the goal.

It was terrible.

The kind of mistake a young full back makes though but highlights why dyche doesn’t trust him.
You should see what Pickford got up to tonight.

Or the goals Godfrey has been to blame for over the last two months.

The annoying thing is that I don't even think Patterson is the next Cafu or anything remotely like it, I just know based on every single Godfrey performance that the lad is championship at best and he's had far more opportunities and made far more mistakes than Patterson.

There's no point saying "that's why he's not been playing" as if the dope in his spot isn't making mistakes on a consistent basis. If it was Coleman being dependable but a bit leggy and boring in attack every week then I'd understand and agree with the argument against Patterson but when it's the boxer pretending to be a footballer... Nah.
TheRam

Shogun wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:40 pm You should see what Pickford got up to tonight.

Or the goals Godfrey has been to blame for over the last two months.

The annoying thing is that I don't even think Patterson is the next Cafu or anything remotely like it, I just know based on every single Godfrey performance that the lad is championship at best and he's had far more opportunities and made far more mistakes than Patterson.

There's no point saying "that's why he's not been playing" as if the dope in his spot isn't making mistakes on a consistent basis. If it was Coleman being dependable but a bit leggy and boring in attack every week then I'd understand and agree with the argument against Patterson but when it's the boxer pretending to be a footballer... Nah.
It just shows why Patterson probably isn’t being picked as dyche doesn’t want risks like that being taken.
Audrey Horne

TheRam wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:55 pm It just shows why Patterson probably isn’t being picked as dyche doesn’t want risks like that being taken.
That may make sense but he is playing Godfrey there. Atrocious player who makes a million mistakes a game!!
Blueomar

Audrey Horne wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:39 pm That may make sense but he is playing Godfrey there. Atrocious player who makes a million mistakes a game!!
For the life of me, can't understand why he's not playing Seamus. :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic