Our Captain Seamus Coleman

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Our Captain Seamus Coleman

Awkward ball that no one dealt with, by the time it came to Coleman there wasn't much he could do unfortunately.

Only thing he could have done was completely leave it but he had no idea if there was a player behind him waiting to tap it in if he did.
MayorFarnham

He'll be our captain on the opening day of the 28/29 season away at Scunthorpe.
Bluebridge

He’ll repay it on Tuesday with a worldy of a winner and then run into the travelling supporters with his angriest of angry faces to celebrate it.
Cereal Killer

Bluebridge wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:36 am He’ll repay it on Tuesday with a worldy of a winner and then run into the travelling supporters with his angriest of angry faces to celebrate it.
Like he can be arsed to climb up six thousand steps… :P
Shogun

Not unexpected and I love him but he genuinely should have been moved on about 7 seasons ago.

Bluebridge

Shogun wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:07 pm Not unexpected and I love him but he genuinely should have been moved on about 7 seasons ago.

Should have, maybe, but in our posistion I'm made up he’s got another season, still our best right back and he’ll be needed in the squad next year on and off the pitch.
Cozzie

Happy with this. Fitting he will be our captain in our last season at the grand old lady.
toffee_scot

Love Seamus Coleman, I am ok with this deal in our current circumstance especially if he can keep fit.

However, had we been in a stronger position financially and not been consistently in the 15th-17th place spots in the last 3 seasons, then I would not have been for this.
Escla

Nothing confirmed if you read the OS, sounds like it will be his decision whether he wants to discuss a new contract though.
Gash

They don't usually announce contract offers anyway do they? Normally it's only when a player signs anything is announced.
Escla

Gash wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:58 pm They don't usually announce contract offers anyway do they? Normally it's only when a player signs anything is announced.
Am sure it will happen anyway, makes sense under the circumstances, Bobble on a safe bet here.
brap2

Let him retire for god's sake
TheRam

Not into it myself.

Can’t seem to do 90 minutes without getting an injury.

Love him like but not sure what he has to offer anymore
Toffee1

Bluedylan1

He's probably around more for dressing room behaviour and vibes at this point.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic