Our Captain Seamus Coleman

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
HANNU

Re: Our Captain Seamus Coleman

id keep him round just so we can sing 60 grand 60 grand
Goaljira

Bluedylan1 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:17 pm He's probably around more for dressing room behaviour and vibes at this point.
Be cheaper to bring Changy back. The original one. Not the last one.
Bluedylan1

If we're tallying this contract renewal with Thelwell's statement that we'll be selling players and looking to the loan market and probably free transfers, they're probably thinking ''it's another body around the squad who can play a few games a season and be a top professional off the pitch''.
Goaljira

Bluedylan1 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:29 pm If we're tallying this contract renewal with Thelwell's statement that we'll be selling players and looking to the loan market and probably free transfers, they're probably thinking ''it's another body around the squad who can play a few games a season and be a top professional off the pitch''.
All depends on what salary he's expecting. He's played less minutes this season than Yerry Mina did last.

Fully fit Coleman able to play every week would be worth £60k(To keep the song current) a week. This version able to play 20% at most should be paid accordingly.
Bluedylan1

Goaljira wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:36 pm All depends on what salary he's expecting. He's played less minutes this season than Yerry Mina did last.

Fully fit Coleman able to play every week would be worth £60k(To keep the song current) a week. This version able to play 20% at most should be paid accordingly.
Yeah, I neither agree with it nor disagree with it tbh. Just attempting to understand what the thinking might be. Would have to assume it's a reduced wage though.
Gash

I would think he'll probably be happy on about £20k a week, no way we're paying a decent PL wage at his age and the amount he'll play. He won't get a game in the PL anywhere else and wouldn't want to, he wouldn't get regular games in the Championship and he'd then be back to not earning much. Might as well stay, keep the family settled and get a few quid for helping out around the place.
Bluebridge

I’m sure I saw on here the other day that he’s on £38k per week, so I’d imagine it’ll maybe £25-30k.
No brainer for me.
Cereal Killer

Where’s these figures come from?

A quick google shows a ton of results generally all between £55k and £75k
Escla

Bluebridge wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:31 pm I’m sure I saw on here the other day that he’s on £38k per week, so I’d imagine it’ll maybe £25-30k.
No brainer for me.
According to several of those Premier League salaries sites plus Toffee web he’s on £68K but I can’t imagine he would get more than £25k a week anywhere else.
Escla

Gash wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:14 pm I would think he'll probably be happy on about £20k a week, no way we're paying a decent PL wage at his age and the amount he'll play. He won't get a game in the PL anywhere else and wouldn't want to, he wouldn't get regular games in the Championship and he'd then be back to not earning much. Might as well stay, keep the family settled and get a few quid for helping out around the place.
Can’t remember when his testimonial was and what he got/did with it ?
Gash

Escla wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm Can’t remember when his testimonial was and what he got/did with it ?
Don't think he's ever had one has he? Players earn so much these days that unless they're giving it all to charity there's no point having one.
Escla

Gash wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:56 pm Don't think he's ever had one has he? Players earn so much these days that unless they're giving it all to charity there's no point having one.
Was wondering if he had one who he may have given the money to, remember Nihal Quin was the first footballer to do this, gave the entire proceeds to charity and got a thank you from Blair.
Shogun

They're nice things but largely pointless these days. Clubs don't want to add the extra match, so it just becomes a thing added on to a pre-season match. Think Osman had his 'testimonial' against Sporting Lisbon but it was just a pre-season match really.

If they arrange testimonial match against Sligo for him then sound but otherwise then I'm not sure there's much point.
Escla

Shogun wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:18 pm They're nice things but largely pointless these days. Clubs don't want to add the extra match, so it just becomes a thing added on to a pre-season match. Think Osman had his 'testimonial' against Sporting Lisbon but it was just a pre-season match really.

If they arrange testimonial match against Sligo for him then sound but otherwise then I'm not sure there's much point.
Yeah, reckon we might owe Sligo a few Bob for that steal, wonder if there was ever a sell on clause if we had sold him on in his prime for £30 odd million ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic