Pickford

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
howard1334

Re: Pickford

MmmBlueBranthwaite wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:22 pm Anyone that doesnt rate Pickford is basically an idiot.

They still do exist in our fanbase though.

Which is sad.
Pickford was statistically poor for several years running and made a number of high profile mistakes, and he always has been and still is very weak in the air. So i think you are probably the one tending towards the extreme here, rather than those who questioned the orthodoxy among everton supporters regarding him being elite.

With that said, no debating that he's been much improved the last two seasons. Long may it continue. And as long as it does, you won't see my asking for a new keeper.
Shogun

Toffee1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:10 pm
TheRam

I’d rather that than see us go through the process of us losing about five goals a season Losing the ball at the back.

Get. It. In. The. Mixer.
Cozzie

Yeah I don't mind long balls, ON OCCASION, if it's from the keeper and like at Brighton we have the right bodies in the box.
Bob Sacamano

Yeah that’s just Dyche purely doing his homework and getting the job done. One of the things I like about him.
brap2

TheRam wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:46 pm I’d rather that than see us go through the process of us losing about five goals a season Losing the ball at the back.

Get. It. In. The. Mixer.
He's gone Proper Football Man. He's full Basset. He's Dyche-pilled. Ram Allardyche. Rama Benitez.
brap2

Yeah don't mind it ultimately. It's shite when it's worked out and we keep doing it. It's shite when you want to just exert a little bit of control. You could definitely utilise his ball playing ability better than just lenging it, I think sometimes watching him he seems like someone who is obviously a quality ball player for a goalie, but he's not (I'm very sorry here certain posters) playing in a side that prioritises shape and options and triggers for playing out at the back.

Remember how reliable his dink to Digne was a few years ago? Circulate the ball, pull the press about then drop it onto Digne who had a quality first touch, play it out.

At the moment you see him try and escape the press clipping it to Godfrey or even longer and it seems to take everyone by surprise and it's bouncing out and all that.
bigmanbob

We weirdly didn't seem to go long with it as much on Saturday, against a team that loves to press, Ohnana makes such a difference re this
Bob Sacamano

Ohnono not another one.
Goaljira

Ohnana means Family.
AllyBlue14

Bluedylan1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:21 pm ''Passes'' is a very liberal definition
I think "pumps in the opposition box" would be frowned upon
TheRam

brap2 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:36 pm He's gone Proper Football Man. He's full Basset. He's Dyche-pilled. Ram Allardyche. Rama Benitez.
Proper football before the loony left got involved.
Audrey Horne

bigmanbob wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:11 am We weirdly didn't seem to go long with it as much on Saturday, against a team that loves to press, Ohnana makes such a difference re this
superpull

Goaljira wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:49 pm Ohnana means Family.
Excellent
Silas

Possibly the most underrated but rated goalkeeper ever if that makes any sense? He's kept us in so many games
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic