He was indeed out of position
Jimmywhack

Re: Ben Godfrey

All these last ditch tackles look great
They are last ditch for a reason tho..... hes not where he should be
Champagne lifestyle, Lemonade wages
TheRam

Fair to say some of them aren’t a result of him being out of position and his recovery pace is a great asset to have?
Toddacelli

Saw a pic of Pienaar on the socials with that t-shirt shot, but altered to say ‘Godfrey Is Great’. Gave me a giggle. Wanted to share but you can’t put pics on here unless they’re under 9k
brap2

TheRam wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:23 pm Fair to say some of them aren’t a result of him being out of position and his recovery pace is a great asset to have?
His recovery pace is great to have definitely, feel a lot more comfortable squeezing up.

But the recovery tackle thing, in particular the very eye catching ones, I'd honestly say if you did a review you are going to see him out of position, not checking his shoulder on all of them.

The only one I'm not sure of is the one the week earlier because he looked like he made up a lot of ground and it's not like there was anyone else ok the defensive line.
Cods

Against Spurs he was full Zoolander calmly looking out wide at who had the ball that he had to chase down.

And then in true rope-a-dope style, gave his opposite number a head start, and confidence, only to reign him and slide tackle with an air of consummate ease.

Is it about Ben?
Shogun

Holgate levels of dislike for me now. Can't believe he's blagged himself a starting spot at fullback whilst we have others fit. The lad is not only never a fullback, but he is one of the worst actual footballers I've ever seen play for Everton.

0 wins and 4 points in 7 matches since he came into the side as a RB. It's not even just the attacking side of things, he's a shit defender as well.

If you include when Dyche started him at LB/RB last season then its 1 win in 14 matches overall.

I don't know how anyone can defend his place in the team.
Bluedylan1

I actually think his defending is worse than his attacking, if that's possible. Well it's more damaging to us anyway. I could just about accept him if he was strong defensively like Mykolenko. He's atrocious.
The Doc

Shaking Godfrey, Holgate and Keane is key to my sanity. But they all.. still... here.
Kerryblueboy

I’ve been critical of him but he was super this evening might have a future at cb next season
brap2

Absolutely stunning tonight tbh. Not a footballer but a powerful display.
Goaljira

The clearance in the first half has gone the other way so many times. It set the tone.
AjaxAndy

Was very good tonight, massively helped by never having to get forward and just defend as part of a very flat back 4... Young also benefitted from being there purely to defend.

Set the time with a crunching tackle that started the move for the penalty that was offside, great clearance to stop two who were queuing up to tap him from Salah's pass, and overall played very well.

Did get turned inside out for Diaz's shit against the post, but thought he did a great job tonight regardless.
blueforyou

Boxed clever tonight
bigmanbob

AjaxAndy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:43 pm Diaz's shit against the post,
Must have missed that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic