Manager Merry-Go-Round

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
Shogun

Re: Manager Merry-Go-Round

Yeah, I think it's a good appointment as well. Just hope to god that Tommy Gravesen doesn't turn up on the first day of training!
Cozzie

Shogun wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:18 pm Yeah, I think it's a good appointment as well. Just hope to god that Tommy Gravesen doesn't turn up on the first day of training!
Dangling his twig and berries over Carsleys head 😆

Who was it he done that too? Claus Jensen wasn't it?
Shogun

The end is nigh.

I like the part where he says he hasn't worked in London for 10 years when he was QPR manager 2 years ago.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... t-31972003

Michael Beale defends his accent in explosive blast at Sunderland fans calling for sack

Sunderland have lost four of their seven matches under Michael Beale as pressure has begun to mount on their new boss who some fans are already calling to be sacked

Under-fire Sunderland boss Michael Beale says Sunderland fans don’t want him because of his cockney accent.

The head coach has given an emotional and candid account of how it feels to be hounded by a support base who have turned on him after just seven games. He has demanded critics show “more respect” and stop “throwing negativity” at his reign.

Beale has come out fighting in an explosive interview by insisting he will win games and weather the fan protests surrounding his six weeks in charge. The ex-Rangers chief says he is “proud” of his Bromley, South London upbringing and won’t be “crying” over demands for his sacking.

He is “perplexed” by the outcry against him after he replaced popular boss Tony Mowbray and blasted: “I didn’t sack him, did I?! They won two in nine before he left so are we making out it was perfect?

“I can’t change my accent or where I am from, you know what I mean, I am proud of where I am from. I haven’t worked in London for ten years, but obviously I am from South London. Six years in Liverpool, four and a half in Glasgow, a year in Brazil. My accent hasn’t changed!

“I am happy to be criticised if we can’t score goals or repeatedly make mistakes, but that one is a bit off. So if it is about football, fine. But I feel I deserve a bit more respect because of my journey, which deserves that.

“I think you are throwing negativity at the the youngest team in the league, with one of the lowest budgets in the league. I inherited a team two points out of the play-offs. Now it is three.

“We have lost two tough games and I don’t think the performances were terrible. Anyone saying they are, I can’t get on board with that.
“So you are just throwing negativity at a football team who don’t deserve it. I think sometimes I could say less, because I could be less honest, but that is not the sort of guy I am.

“You get on with the work. I am not crying over it. I am a big boy. Personal things, when it goes personal they have lost straight away. If people want to criticise the way the team is playing I will take that.”

Beale was chosen by owner Kyril Louis Dreyfus to bring through the youngsters Sunderland hope to build value by developing as they face former Premier League teams with budgets of five times their income.

Beale added: “When I say I am bemused, everyone knows we haven’t got the biggest budget. Everyone knows where we have come from in the last two years. Play-off to get up, and we were not the most outstanding team in League One. A late run to the play-offs last year. This year we are ahead of schedule. We are not one of the top four and the ‘haves’.

“If you spend 16 years at Chelsea and Liverpool I know what expectations are. I am a young coach who went across to Brazil, so I am not worried about taking on pressure and expectation. I have just come from a massive football club, to this massive club.

“When you have a young squad there is a lot for the fans to get excited about. They are getting older every day and we are investing in their future.

“It is the best way to be sustainable but it isn’t easy or everyone would be doing it. We are five years-plus out of the Premier League, the riches are not there.

“The club has seen real progress in the last 18 months and we are a month into it. We have to keep pushing. I want to take everything off the players. Just because of finances it doesn”t mean we should lower expectations.

“We have had a change of manager for whatever reason. It is time to get behind the team. Get behind the players.”
Gash

He was only at QPR about 6 months wasn't he?

Can't say I'm too surprised at Sunderland fans turning quickly though, they probably think they should be attracting big name managers.
Shogun

Gash wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:32 pm He was only at QPR about 6 months wasn't he?

Can't say I'm too surprised at Sunderland fans turning quickly though, they probably think they should be attracting big name managers.
The opposite I think. They didn't really want Mowbray sacked and if he was sacked then seems like they were hoping/expecting a young upcoming coach (like Potter before he went to Swansea). I don't understand Mowbray to Beale tbh.
Toffee1

Shogun

It seems like they turned on him pretty quickly considering he won the league last season after Koeman's mess.

No idea who they'd go for. Can't imagine they'd go for a name like De Zerbi.
Cereal Killer

Shogun wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:17 pm It seems like they turned on him pretty quickly considering he won the league last season after Koeman's mess.

No idea who they'd go for. Can't imagine they'd go for a name like De Zerbi.
A club like them can tempt Klopp to move onto bigger and better things
Shogun

Been reading Arsenal fans' opinions that he'd never leave them for Barcelona, so this is funny if true. Imagine thinking a guy that came through La Masia would turn down Barcelona.

Gash

Sounds like Neil Lennon's getting the Rep of Ireland job.
Shogun

Gash wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:29 pm Sounds like Neil Lennon's getting the Rep of Ireland job.
Could you be arsed
Gash

Shogun wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:33 pm Could you be arsed
Not with that toxic little prick in charge.
TheRam

Thought Carsley was nailed on?

Maybe he’s got word he’s getting the england job.
Gash

Dunno, it's just the way he was talking about it on Gillette Soccer this evening.
Gash

Neil Warnock expected to be named Aberdeen interim manager for the rest of the season. That'll sort some of them out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic