Gana

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Dchans

Re: Gana

How longs he got left on his contract??
mahoney1978

Dchans wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:48 pm How longs he got left on his contract??
Pretty sure it’s 30th June 2024 with the option of another year (which surely we take?)
4evablu

i was knackered watching him saturday and i was sat down
WBFBTPL
MmmBlueBranthwaite

Dchans wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:48 pm How longs he got left on his contract??
Reckon he'll stay til we boot him out.

Can see him sticking around to do coaches badges too if allowed.
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
Shogun

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... n=sharebar

PSG superstar Kylian Mbappe would often keep tabs on Everton's performance through his former teammate Idrissa Gana Gueye, and even Julian Draxler would check out Everton's results for a bit of fun - although Lionel Messi wasn't quite so keen.

Gueye, who moved to PSG in 2019, never lost his affection for Everton and was always rooting for them, even when they were struggling with relegation in the 2021-22 season.

"It was difficult in the last year, we keep supporting, we believed," said the Senegal midfielder, who rejoined Everton in 2022. "I remember Draxler every time we lose, he would go 'you see your team, they are not good!' and I would say, 'We will survive' so the day we survived against Crystal Palace he said 'you were lucky' and I said 'I told you'. I told him to come to Everton but he hasn't listened!"

Gueye would regularly watch the Toffees on his phone at team hotels, and some of his PSG teammates took just as much of an interest - not least Mbappe himself.

"Mbappe, yeah he would watch," said Gueye. "He liked to watch every game. [Lionel] Messi, no. It was difficult for me because we were losing a lot and he would say, 'Bro come on you see your team is losing and playing like this?' but it was funny.

"I used to send Seamus Coleman, Mason Holgate and Jordan Pickford messages 'Bro, please do it!'. It was important for me to support and show I was there for him."

Despite being aware of Everton's challenges, Gueye couldn't resist returning to help them when he got the call from Frank Lampard and Kevin Thelwell. Although Gueye helped Everton avoid relegation last season, they've been hit with a 10-point deduction this term and haven't won a league game since he suffered a calf injury in December.

"They called me because they needed me and I said 'I will come and help'," said Gueye. "It would be easy if they were up at the top or even in the middle of the table but if you love the club then you have to come in the bad moments.

"Lampard called me, Seamus sent me a message, Jordan too and I was part of this team even if I was in Paris. They asked me to come help and I said 'let's go!'. At first I was like 'why have you called, I want to stay here!' but they said 'Yeah but we need you' and the only club I could leave PSG for now was Everton so we made the deal."

Gueye made a comeback earlier this month and put on a great performance to help Dyche's team earn a valuable point against Spurs in their fight to avoid relegation. They go into Monday night's match with fellow strugglers Crystal Palace desperately needing three points.

"I prefer really being at Everton playing at the top of the table rather than fighting to survive," Gueye admitted. "Everton has to be fighting for the Champions League or Europa League. It hurts to see the club at the bottom of the table."

"If they give something back on the points then good, if not then we just have to do our job on the pitch."
Cozzie

Missed the Burnley game because he had a baby.

Was he injured for Chelsea?

Need him back methinks.
brap2

Need him back desperately
brap2

Need him back desperately
bigmanbob

Dyche said he Gana woke up on the day of the game with a tight calf
brap2

Smell a fall out me
Lazarou II

bigmanbob wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:41 am Dyche said he Gana woke up on the day of the game with a tight calf
Stag do the night before?
Bob Sacamano

brap2 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:36 pm Smell a fall out me
He’s got previous.
Stumpy

brap2 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:26 am Need him back desperately
Do we ever
Cantoffee

Apparently not going to take the 1 year option to extend him for next season.

Maybe his wages are too high but still seems to be oneof the few genuine prem players in the squad.
brap2

Cantoffee wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:26 am Apparently not going to take the 1 year option to extend him for next season.

Maybe his wages are too high but still seems to be oneof the few genuine prem players in the squad.
Yeah shame I think considering what he still brings to the side, cringe at the thought of what next year's side will look like I have to be honest.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic