Gana

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
777Kidnappings

Re: Gana

Think it's time to cut everything we can and try and operate at a level we can afford. We might not survive it but we haven't exactly been comfortable while paying good wages. I'd sell pickford too. Can't be paying a keeper over 100k a week in our financial position.
AjaxAndy

777Kidnappings wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:59 am Think it's time to cut everything we can and try and operate at a level we can afford. We might not survive it but we haven't exactly been comfortable while paying good wages. I'd sell pickford too. Can't be paying a keeper over 100k a week in our financial position.
We might as well operate as a Championship club as even if we survive this season we have no way of replacing the players heading out the door... Even if we sell Onana, Branthwaite and Pickford the cast majority would be swallowed up by the debt, so you're looking at replacing so many players for nothing or very low fees / loans.

Line up next season like this and go down but have a more sustainable way of operating moving forward:

----------------------Virginia

----------Godfrey---Tarks---Myko

Patterson---------------------------New LWB

----Garner------Doucoure----New CM

-------------Chermiti---DCL / Beto
Juanito

AjaxAndy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:49 am We might as well operate as a Championship club as even if we survive this season we have no way of replacing the players heading out the door... Even if we sell Onana, Branthwaite and Pickford the cast majority would be swallowed up by the debt, so you're looking at replacing so many players for nothing or very low fees / loans.

Line up next season like this and go down but have a more sustainable way of operating moving forward:

I wouldn’t mind this side under a new manager. Who knows, we might finish 17th with it
AjaxAndy

Juanito wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:58 am I wouldn’t mind this side under a new manager. Who knows, we might finish 17th with it
I think the problem would come with lack of squad depth, we're buying 2 new players for that starting lineup and have pretty much nothing in reserve.

Would need to get several free players on low wages and a bunch of loans just to have enough players to fill a bench, and that's without anyone being injured.
Cereal Killer

AjaxAndy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:49 am We might as well operate as a Championship club as even if we survive this season we have no way of replacing the players heading out the door... Even if we sell Onana, Branthwaite and Pickford the cast majority would be swallowed up by the debt, so you're looking at replacing so many players for nothing or very low fees / loans.

LWB McNeil
CM Brownhill

There you go…
AjaxAndy

Cereal Killer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:01 pm LWB McNeil
CM Brownhill

There you go…
Not sure how I completely forgot about McNeil haha. Would put him in CM personally and buy a proper LWB
Free Agent

Love this guy. If he’d take lower wages would definitely keep him here next season
Granite

You imagine he’s going to get a decent offer from Saudi this summer.

Gana and Gomes out of contract. Onana almost certainly off. Looks like we’ll be building a new midfield around Jimmy G - with buttons.
Cozzie

A Jimmy G and Josh Brownhill double pivot next season.

🤢🤢🤢......🤮🤮🤮
Cereal Killer

Cozzie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:07 pm A Jimmy G and Josh Brownhill double pivot next season.

🤢🤢🤢......🤮🤮🤮
I’d go for Ndidi and hope a change of scenery brings back his previous form
777Kidnappings

Cereal Killer wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:14 pm I’d go for Ndidi and hope a change of scenery brings back his previous form
We can't afford him. Why would he even come here assuming Leicester are promoted.
Cereal Killer

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:34 pm We can't afford him. Why would he even come here assuming Leicester are promoted.
He’s out of contract, I’m sure we can spend some of Gomes/Dele/Young’s wages on him
777Kidnappings

Cereal Killer wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:10 pm He’s out of contract, I’m sure we can spend some of Gomes/Dele/Young’s wages on him
He'd still be as well re signing for Leicester. Absolutely no chance he looks at us and thinks we are a decent option
Goaljira

Do. Not. Let. Him. Leave.
Cods

Goaljira wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:27 pm Do. Not. Let. Him. Leave.
Completely set the tone, didn't he.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic