Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
25%

Total votes: 59

Trowel

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

As I said on the page before last Player Y signed a new contract in summer 2020 - Tosun did not; the player who most fits this description is Michael Keane.
Shogun

England U21s are playing Northern Ireland U21s at Goodison on Tuesday night... Wonder if there'll be any protests? Anyone going?
TheRam

Shogun wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:43 pm England U21s are playing Northern Ireland U21s at Goodison on Tuesday night... Wonder if there'll be any protests? Anyone going?
Think I’ll be going.

Won’t be taking any part in protests.
Bluedylan1

Just explaining the detail about the absolute outrage of this to a couple of my best mates (one a Liverpool fan, the other a Spurs fan), both of whom watch a lot of football and football content and are quite knowledgeable and they had absolutely no idea that we've been shafted.

So if that's anything to go by, most non Everton fans probably think this is all fine and above board, and quite a lot of other fans are probably even enjoying it and don't care about the abhorrent nature of the Premier League and the overt corruption (until it impacts their own club).
Sirblue57

My.mates a utd fan.and.is disgusted. Bit cant wait to see city hammered.
Bally

Trying to think of the most appropriate way to show how fucking corrupt we think this ,but with the biggest impact without breaching anything, because it be jumped all over .

Can the club remove branding without financial penalty, can they refuse to answer anything by the media and speak of the game only, can we refuse to do the " fair play " handshake.

I'd love to be in a position where I had a say.
I'd find every fucking loophole where I could be a petty cunt and be the pettiest cunt ever
Sirblue57

As fans. Do we not have any rights?
We are being punished more than the people who commited the offence.
Surely thats not right?
Surely we have a say?
MayorFarnham

Bally wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:22 pm Trying to think of the most appropriate way to show how fucking corrupt we think this ,but with the biggest impact without breaching anything, because it be jumped all over .

Can the club remove branding without financial penalty, can they refuse to answer anything by the media and speak of the game only, can we refuse to do the " fair play " handshake.

I'd find every fucking loophole where I could be a petty cunt and be the pettiest cunt ever
I'd love us to win the F A Cup, go up and accept it politely from the dignitary concerned, not raise the cup on the balcony but carry it down the steps, take it in front of our fans and raise it then.
74Blue

MayorFarnham wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:48 pm
Bally wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:22 pm Trying to think of the most appropriate way to show how fucking corrupt we think this ,but with the biggest impact without breaching anything, because it be jumped all over .

I'd love us to win the F A Cup, go up and accept it politely from the dignitary concerned, not raise the cup on the balcony but carry it down the steps, take it in front of our fans and raise it then.
Even better, as a clear protest, would be to win the cup, but refuse to climb the steps to receive the trophy and for the players to not collect their medals there and then. It would completely ruin the spectacle, live on TV too and would send a very clear statement to the FA. It would whip up far massive media interest because I can't think of anyone who has ever refused to go and lift a trophy that they have just won.
What would be even sweeter would be if City won the league and were being presented the trophy at Goodison, and instead of giving them a guard of honour, the players just turned their backs and ignored the ceremony completely. That's not going to happen this season though.
Brownie

74Blue wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:10 pm
MayorFarnham wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:48 pm

Even better, as a clear protest, would be to win the cup, but refuse to climb the steps to receive the trophy and for the players to not collect their medals there and then. It would completely ruin the spectacle, live on TV too and would send a very clear statement to the FA. It would whip up far massive media interest because I can't think of anyone who has ever refused to go and lift a trophy that they have just won.
What would be even sweeter would be if City won the league and were being presented the trophy at Goodison, and instead of giving them a guard of honour, the players just turned their backs and ignored the ceremony completely. That's not going to happen this season though.

Isn’t that the wrong entity to protest against though? The F.A are separate from the Premier League aren’t they? Or are they linked?
MayorFarnham

We could bring out a range of merchandise the -10 collection.
74Blue

The FA are suspposedly the overarching organisation for all things football related in England, from grassroots, right to the very top. One would have to assume that this would include the Premier League
Brownie

74Blue wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:37 pm The FA are suspposedly the overarching organisation for all things football related in England, from grassroots, right to the very top. One would have to assume that this would include the Premier League
Could be. Just reading up on it now. Nothing specific about financial irregularities but they do have to sign off all of the PL rules each year so probably they are a fair target
74Blue

If a team refuses to send a player on international duty, they are charged by the FA
If a player or manager speaks out of turn, they are charged by the FA
The FA appears to be judge and jury for everything football related in this country, so it stands to reason that they should also be held accountable for this fucking farce too. If they have to sign off the Premier League's rules every year, then surely they have to sign off any new punishments that the Premier League decide to dish out too. What is the point of a governing body, if the PL can just unilaterally decide to do as they please.
AjaxAndy

74Blue wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:37 pm The FA are suspposedly the overarching organisation for all things football related in England, from grassroots, right to the very top. One would have to assume that this would include the Premier League
Pretty sure they are completely different identities tbh, the FA have very little power over the Premier League
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic