Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
25%

Total votes: 59

blueToffee

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

AjaxAndy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:32 pm Could an unlikely positive of this be that we fight it in the courts and sustainability rules are found to be unlawful, and the whole FFP circus finally come to an end?
That's where it'll end up I'd imagine. However, that's 10 years down the road after Man City have dragged them through every court in the land, and probably Europe too.

I mean aside from our situation, FFP is utter bullshit anyway.
Escalator

weimaranerblues wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:15 am
Escla wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:43 pm
AjaxAndy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:47 pm Great clickbait article in The Mirror someone sent me earlier says we face an additional 9 points deduction too.

Thankfully that'd only be if being sued an amount we couldn't afford which put us in adminstration... So if you see any links about a further 9 points you can safely ignore.
Can Moshiri afford a £300 m fine then if that were to happen ?
Think you already know the answer to that
No I don’t, please enlighten me.
Toddacelli

777Kidnappings wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:22 am Surely a fair ffp punishment would be a fine of the amount you've gone over and a reduction from the 105m you're allowed going forwards. The fine also comes off the ffp. That way people are stopped because you lose more spend then you've gained. It seems at odds with fairness that teams lose season changing amounts of points for a first offence.

Also shouldn't the punishments whatever they are have been outlined beforehand
Yeah this is a really good point.

It should not be lawful to make up the punishment afterwards when it is this damaging to the club.
We probably agreed at some point to follow the rules or face consequences. We did not agree to this, so they are trying to hold us to something we did not agree to in the first place.
Escalator

I wonder if had we been sitting in the bottom three on say four points would we have got a ten point deduction putting us on minus 6 or would the penalty have been much less ? Are we victims of our own recent improvement ?
777Kidnappings

Escla wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:49 am I wonder if had we been sitting in the bottom three on say four points would we have got a ten point deduction putting us on minus 6 or would the penalty have been much less ? Are we victims of our own recent improvement ?
I think that's true. I think they want us to have the maximum penalty we can still avoid relegation with.

What's the story with the premier league clearing us of wrong doing then charging us?? Are they saying we withheld something or did they just change their minds.
Escalator

Apparently we miss led them on on the details of an interest payment on a stadium related loan. Really not hopeful that we can win the appeal if the panel consist of Premier League employees again. ? Have a feeling we might have to go to CAS to get justice but by the time we get a judgement from the courts of sports arbitration we could potentially be in the Championship, what would happen then ?
TheRam

We won’t be in the championship.

I’d still back us with another 9 point deduction.

I think 30 points keeps you up this season
Cods

777Kidnappings wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:54 am
Escla wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:49 am I wonder if had we been sitting in the bottom three on say four points would we have got a ten point deduction putting us on minus 6 or would the penalty have been much less ? Are we victims of our own recent improvement ?
I think that's true. I think they want us to have the maximum penalty we can still avoid relegation with.

What's the story with the premier league clearing us of wrong doing then charging us?? Are they saying we withheld something or did they just change their minds.
Pretty sure we've admitted some wrongdoing, and the premier league have said that we've also not worked with them in an entirely open manner, they've said words to the effect that they think we've been opaque on a couple of matters, paraphrased by Mike Gow, below.

*They then criticise Everton for “misleading” the commission over (a) stadium interest and (b) EFCs intention to sell Player Y. [Tosun]
On (a) the Independent Commission finds EFC aggravated their culpability.

They find that while EFC did not intend to circumvent rules, [they] failed to discharge their duty to act in good faith.
The Independent Commission has (b) questioned EFCs intention to sell Player Y"*

Having said that there's obviously no way we deserve the treatment to this extent, and there are way too many legitimate mitigating factors, no sense of scale in the level of punishment, and completely incomparable sanctions other clubs have received, to list.

As I've said before, we should maybe be claiming against the UK government for forcing huge sponsorship revenue losses on us, totalling more than 10 times the amount of the actual overspend.
4evablu

Surely those clubs should be suing the PL not Everton based on “the guilty” findings for “allowing it to happen” ?
WBFBTPL
Cereal Killer

Escla wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:59 am Apparently we miss led them on on the details of an interest payment on a stadium related loan. Really not hopeful that we can win the appeal if the panel consist of Premier League employees again. ? Have a feeling we might have to go to CAS to get justice but by the time we get a judgement from the courts of sports arbitration we could potentially be in the Championship, what would happen then ?
:roll:

The panel did NOT consist of any PL employees
Escalator

Trowel wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:58 pm Edit: seems this is the PL prosecuting team, rather than the independent panel as claimed. https://twitter.com/sarahblue1878/status/1725599604333273240
Just going by this Cereals ?

P.S just read some of the Twitter threads, apparently this was the PL prosecuting team, not the “Independant” panel, my bad
Kerryblueboy

During this period when we allegedly misled them weren’t we working with the premier league officials to make sure we complied
Escalator

Kerryblueboy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:06 pm During this period when we allegedly misled them weren’t we working with the premier league officials to make sure we complied
That’s what the club have always said, PL dispute this and say they specifically warned not to spend then Lampard went out and bought Onana, Doucore and Gana according to a great article in The Times today, would like to post link to it but that then displays my account information.
Escalator

Escla wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:16 pm
Kerryblueboy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:06 pm During this period when we allegedly misled them weren’t we working with the premier league officials to make sure we complied
That’s what the club have always said, PL dispute this and say they specifically warned not to spend then Lampard went out and bought Onana, Doucore and Gana according to a great article in The Times today, would like to post link to it but that then displays my account information.Also says that it would have helped our case if Bxendale and Finance Director Ingles had shown up at tge enquiry but they refused.
MayorFarnham

Player Y as in Y the fuck did we sign him?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic