Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
24%

Total votes: 58

Gash

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

Cozzie

Absolute madness that it will he heard after the season ends
Shogun

Cozzie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:30 pm Absolute madness that it will he heard after the season ends
I don't think it will. It'll all be sorted out before the season, that's just the latest possible date which is ridiculous because after the season should not even be a possibility.
777Kidnappings

Seem mad that they can only do 1 case at once. What's gonna happen if 5 or 6 breach in the same season.
Trowel

Cozzie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:30 pm Absolute madness that it will he heard after the season ends
Blueomar

You really should charge your phone, mate!
Escla

I’m sure I read somewhere that if an appeal is considered to be unfounded or frivolous the penalty can be increased, just the way a red card appeal can be. If this true we should have just taken the two point penalty and got on with it, what are we expecting, yet another reduction, maybe to one point ? If there is no jeopardy in appealing then surely every charge would be appealed as a matter of routine which is ridiculous.
crackling

Just imagine if we didn't appeal and then got relegated by one point.
777Kidnappings

Escla wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:41 pm I’m sure I read somewhere that if an appeal is considered to be unfounded or frivolous the penalty can be increased, just the way a red card appeal can be. If this true we should have just taken the two point penalty and got on with it, what are we expecting, yet another reduction, maybe to one point ? If there is no jeopardy in appealing then surely every charge would be appealed as a matter of routine which is ridiculous.
Surely they'd have a job deciding any appeal was frivolous given there's no framework for punishments so really we don't know if they are harsh or lenient (until every following commission does something different)
Gash

Think that's more internet rumour than anything else.
Escla

777Kidnappings wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:11 pm Surely they'd have a job deciding any appeal was frivolous given there's no framework for punishments so really we don't know if they are harsh or lenient (until every following commission does something different)
Well normally at appeal you either present new evidence or mitigation, if you have neither it could be deemed frivolous but I guess Gash is probably right so not too worried about it.
AjaxAndy

I think Forest could get more just based purely on the fact they've been given half our deductions for the same amount over spend, but I highly doubt they'd get away with giving people the right to appeal and increase the punishment for doing so purely because there wasn't a justification in their mind... Imagine if a team was relegated purely because of that, would be an absolute legal minefield.
Cozzie

Would certainly be the most Everton thing in history if we appealed and they added points on and it was those points that relegated us.
Toffee1

Gash

Forest's appeal to be heard on Wednesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68858390
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic