Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
25%

Total votes: 59

Cozzie

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

I wouldn't mind if they just got cracking with the Chelsea/City cases, taking the piss now.
Escalator

Kerryblueboy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:40 am Is it not the severity of the sentence we will be appealing get it down to 5/6 points
Yes , we've admitted guilt, just appealing the harshness of the sentence, personally I think they will dig their heels in and refuse a reduction.
Cereal Killer

Paddockoldie wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:29 pm I think we've been used to avoid a regulatory body coming in that may have uncovered some dodgy goings on within the premier league body. Punish us and look like you're doing your job. This could open a can of worms if we appeal and cause a stink... also, if we get points back which sends another club down, they would kick up a fuss.... hence we lose the appeal and have to fight to stay up ourselves
Nah, they’ve given out a randomly made up punishment and made themselves out to be even more incompetent than previously thought. All they’ve done is highlighted how unsuitable they are and accelerated a regulatory body coming in
4evablu

If we do appeal keep Moshiri the fuck away from it.
Personally i'd put Andy Burnham on the case. Yes it's a political move on his part to favour votes however would the PL want a politician involved where he could favour support from local and national gvt. Even if it's just "shit stirring" things up.
Whomsoever leads is on the appeal i hope its someone with the credentials to fight the cause.
WBFBTPL
Cods

Even if we've only hired a £3,000 an hour lawyer to represent us, Lord Chagrin or whoever, that should be enough to piece together a pretty strong case.

Although I do wonder if deals or understandings had already been made, even in advance of the points deduction.
Shogun

https://twitter.com/ALANMYERSMEDIA/status/1729881176364691614
4evablu

worries me this greatly - being heard by a different panel ? Lessons to be learned.
Who organises the different panel ?
Where will the panel be drawn from ?
and what qualifications do they require to be a member of the panel?
Will the PL take it upon themselves to interfere again?
How long will it take them to decide an outcome?
WBFBTPL
brap2

https://twitter.com/EFCdaily_/status/1730175292524593515 Nah sorry, I haven't got the energy for this.
Cozzie

brap2 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:32 pm https://twitter.com/EFCdaily_/status/17 ... 2524593515

Nah sorry, I haven't got the energy for this.
Isn't this just saying that if there is a breach in next years accounts?

Surely we've got our house in order by now like.
Cozzie

The irony of all this being if we had just voluntarily gone into administration we'd have been a point better off.
Shogun

Weird considering the original ruling stated our finances look much better. I know it's Joyce but wouldn't be surprised if someone else has put that headline on it for the sake of clicks.
AjaxAndy

Even if we got another one I doubt they'd be able to deduct points from this season... Might mean we start next season on minus points, but to apply two punishments for 2 separate periods in the same season would be ridiculous even by the premier league's standards.
Cereal Killer

Cozzie wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:37 pm
brap2 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:32 pm https://twitter.com/EFCdaily_/status/17 ... 2524593515

Nah sorry, I haven't got the energy for this.
Isn't this just saying that if there is a breach in next years accounts?

Surely we've got our house in order by now like.
Still paying Champions League wages with none of the income to match them 🤷‍♂️
Goaljira

This is what I was concerned about. If we've made the same assumptions of allowances for 2 of the 3 years, then unless last years is significantly better than the one being written off then we'll get hit again.
AjaxAndy

Goaljira wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:22 pm This is what I was concerned about. If we've made the same assumptions of allowances for 2 of the 3 years, then unless last years is significantly better than the one being written off then we'll get hit again.
Yeah I think unless wrong it's:

2020-2022 accounts - over the limit

Then they look at 2021-2023 next... But as that overlaps the previous range of accounting years they have used it's a crazy system as if you go over once there's a strong chance you'll be punished multiple times.

That really needs looking at as you're essentially going to be punished more than once for what really is the same crime.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic