Patterson Future

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Shogun

Patterson Future

Can't get in the team ahead of Ashley Young. Coleman back soon. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Rangers.
Gash

Re: Patterson Future

I can understand that under the circumstances he's playing Young for his experiemce but I don't like it. Young and Coleman aren't the future, Patterson should be. He's rough around the edges but still very young and clearly has ability and plenty time to learn, I'd rather see him playing and learning from his mistakes than Young playing, it's not like he's been decent since he came here.
Silas

Yeah Patterson will look to move maybe as soon as January if he isn't getting games. Really don't see why he isn't starting over Young. Not like Young is putting on defensive masterclasses. When Coleman was keeping him out he was still performing at a good level
Cantoffee

Needs a loan to a championship side. Get regular games and come back for next season.

Hasn't kicked on at all and he's been here 2 years now.
Blueomar

Looked nervy to me today.
Kerryblueboy

No way should he be going to the championship he is ready just play him
Cozzie

Just gotta start playing games.

At least he offers you much more going forward.

Young offers fuck all on both fronts.
NickNack

Games are fine as long as a) the crowd are patient with him & b) his confidence doesn’t become so shot he doesn’t recover
Juanito

Loan to championship would be good - did Osman the world of good
Shogun

6 months at somewhere like Leeds or Sunderland would be good for him but still disappointed he hasn't been given the chance. Especially considering Ashley Young.
Zoolander

6 months at somewhere like PSV?
Paddockoldie

Omar wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:45 pm Looked nervy to me today.
Not surprising really because of the pressure/reaction of the fanbase if he makes a mistake. Young shrugs if off because of experience and he's done it all before us.
Toddacelli

Change the thread title.

Patterson IS the future.
Bornblue88

I think he’ll get more minutes as the season progresses and we have a decent points buffer but at the moment he’s too much of a risk. I think he’ll improve his defending steadily under Dyche like Mykolenko has. Playing hi every game is akin to the ‘just play the kids’ shout that comes out when we don’t have reliable players in certain positions. They’re not a better option just because the first teamers aren’t great. Unfortunately, young is better atm
Toddacelli

Bornblue88 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:42 pm I think he’ll get more minutes as the season progresses and we have a decent points buffer but at the moment he’s too much of a risk. I think he’ll improve his defending steadily under Dyche like Mykolenko has. Playing hi every game is akin to the ‘just play the kids’ shout that comes out when we don’t have reliable players in certain positions. They’re not a better option just because the first teamers aren’t great. Unfortunately, young is better atm
I disagree. I think he can play PL level. I think every game he sits on the bench is an opportunity wasted. Play him half the time for a season and watch him take 2 years to get up to speed. Play him the full season and you will have a different player at the end of it.

I’m not saying he shouldn’t be managed/rested/protected as he is a young player and absolutely will need that at times, but he should be first choice barring any issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic