Thelwell talking strategy

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Thelwell talking strategy

Dchans wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:58 pm Loads and frees need to be the first stop - let’s get them in early, no reason why we can’t have them lined up now we know we’ve survived another season
Early business is imperative... We wrote off the first 4 games of the season with no signings and relying on Maupay and Dobbin to score our goals, which they obviously didn't despite us playing well enough to have maybe 7 points on the board had we signed some frigging players.

Can't be repeating that again this season, we aren't in a position to write off valuable points.
Shogun

Thought I'd see how our current squad is looking for the start of next season. Wished I hadn't.

Dchans

Do we think DCL will resign
Cozzie

Would like to give Gueye one more year if we can convince him.

Be nice getting Alli and Gomes off, both earning north of 100k.
Cozzie

Horrendously light on the wings like. Dobbin won't make it I don't reckon.
AjaxAndy

Dchans wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:39 pm Do we think DCL will resign
Yeah, doubt anyone would want him as a first choice striker and that's what he'd be here. Providing we offer him a new deal he'll sign... and as we can't afford a new striker it'd make no sense to let him leave on a free.
Juanito

Cozzie

I'd be all for that.
Cereal Killer

Juanito wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:55 pm
Yes please
Cereal Killer

Cozzie wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:46 pm Horrendously light on the wings like. Dobbin won't make it I don't reckon.
Whole midfield is missing, especially if we shift Onana
Shogun

Thought he was abysmal for them last season. Surprised he's 27 because he played like a finished 35 year old. Would rather Gana if it's one or the other.
Cozzie

Cereal Killer

Cozzie wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:17 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... 96wzkgzpgo

Plenty I'd take from them.
Errrmmm…
TheRam

Wouldn’t mind a bit of N-Didz
Jamokachi

AjaxAndy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:06 pm Early business is imperative... We wrote off the first 4 games of the season with no signings and relying on Maupay and Dobbin to score our goals, which they obviously didn't despite us playing well enough to have maybe 7 points on the board had we signed some frigging players.

Can't be repeating that again this season, we aren't in a position to write off valuable points.
It's all well and good saying this, and it would be true if we were the only club in the transfer window. Unfortunately, every club is at the mercy of one another, and even more so in our case when we're shopping in the bargain bucket.

You probably need to forget about getting business done early, it'll only stress you out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic