VAR and is there a way to fix it?

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
Escla

Re: VAR and is there a way to fix it?

Premier League corruption.
Shogun

Just really unprofessional, isn't it?

That clip could literally be a couple of fellas at the pub talking about if it's a sending off or not and you wouldn't know the difference. Just a couple of fellas giving their opinions. Yet if you look up the rule of violent conduct then it's clearly a straight red.
Cereal Killer

They’ve decided all the decisions in the Wolves v Fulham game were fine :lol:

Can’t be arsed with it anymore when they say shit like this:

“the independent key match incidents panel felt the VAR calls were correct.

The KMI panel is made up of three former players or coaches, one Premier League representative and one from referees' body the PGMOL”

I mean that’s not particularly independent when PGMOL run VAR?
Stumpy

Cereal Killer wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:08 pm They’ve decided all the decisions in the Wolves v Fulham game were fine :lol:

Can’t be arsed with it anymore when they say shit like this:

“the independent key match incidents panel felt the VAR calls were correct.

The KMI panel is made up of three former players or coaches, one Premier League representative and one from referees' body the PGMOL”

I mean that’s not particularly independent when PGMOL run VAR?
I just read that on cefax and couldn't believe my eyes.
That cairney call was an absolute joke.
I fucking despair of these incompetent clowns.
MayorFarnham

Talk of ex-players getting involved. Hopefully that'll finish it off for good.
blueToffee

Shogun wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:27 pm :?: https://twitter.com/Benny_Blancooo/status/1724794015042900069 https://twitter.com/AFCtariq/status/1721180539023999394
Just saw this. LOL.

If the VAR have seen that (I assumed they missed it), I don't know how you mark it as anything but a red card offence? It's the first time I've listened to the VAR chat and it actually makes me feel a bit worse because it sounds akin to 2 guys in the pub trying to justify a decision.
blueToffee

Shogun wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:43 am Just really unprofessional, isn't it?

That clip could literally be a couple of fellas at the pub talking about if it's a sending off or not and you wouldn't know the difference. Just a couple of fellas giving their opinions. Yet if you look up the rule of violent conduct then it's clearly a straight red.
:) Just saw your follow up comment after I wrote my own. Yeah, it's striking how unprofessional it sounds.

I was thinking maybe these guys tie themselves in knots with the rule book and can't justify certain decisions or second guess themselves...but no it just sounds literally like a couple of guys in a pub having a chat and giving their opinion.
AjaxAndy

Watching MOTD and saw the Boly sending off... Absolutely bizarre how VAR aren't allowed to intervene of it's a second yellow card. I just can't get my head around why they decided that would be the rule.
AjaxAndy

Also I don't think this has been suggested before, but watching the Gabriel VAR check for the goal got me thinking...

Why not match up body parts for offsides? So a shoulder can't be offside / inside with a toe. Quite simply if your shoulder is ahead of the defender's shoulder you're offside, and likewise toes, head etc.

Would make it sooo much easier to work out if a player is on or off if you're just looking at that one part of their body and matching it up with the defender's equivalent body part.
Cods

So VAR doesn't reverse clear and obvious dives then.
Especially from a known diver.
And *any* contact *always* means a foul does it?
Pathetic.
Cereal Killer

The slippery slope has begun

Game in Belgium to be replayed in full after a VAR error

A season would never end
AjaxAndy

Cereal Killer wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:41 pm The slippery slope has begun

Game in Belgium to be replayed in full after a VAR error

A season would never end
If they did that over here we'd just have to watch us lose games all over again, would be like a recurring nightmare
Cantoffee

This is more related to referreing in general and the differences in sports. Hockey has decent refs and I love stuff like this after a review:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic