Jags - Retired

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
TheRam

Re: Jags - Retired

Bob Sacamano wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:06 pm He did this thing once when Tim Howard was lobbed and it was a nailed on goal. But Jags tracked back and on the goal line and facing his own goal he did the deftest volley and looped it back over his shoulder and into the arms of Howard. It was one of the coolest, calmest and unflappable pieces of defending I’ve ever seen.
Yeah, remember this well.

Really clever footballer on the sky was Jags.

Had great pace but we rarely got to see it because he never let himself get out of position.

Him and Distin is still the best partnership we’ve had for the last 20 years imo
AjaxAndy

Bob Sacamano wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:06 pm He did this thing once when Tim Howard was lobbed and it was a nailed on goal. But Jags tracked back and on the goal line and facing his own goal he did the deftest volley and looped it back over his shoulder and into the arms of Howard. It was one of the coolest, calmest and unflappable pieces of defending I’ve ever seen.
Had forgotten all about that until you mentioned it... Was pure class was Jags!
Cantoffee

TheRam wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:27 pm

Had great pace but we rarely got to see it because he never let himself get out of position.

Him and Distin is still the best partnership we’ve had for the last 20 years imo
Him and Lescott were better.
Shogun

Obviously some partnerships were better than others but another thing worth noting is just that the level didn't really change no matter who he was alongside. Whether it be Distin, Heitinga, Lescott, Stones or whoever. Yet whenever he was out of the side, we generally went to pieces.
TheRam

Cantoffee wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:00 am
TheRam wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:27 pm

Him and Lescott were better.
Not in that season we nearly finished 4th.

Always thought Lescott was overrated tbh.
CannockPricey

That goal at Anfield as well...
In a world full of adversity, we must still dare to dream.
NomadskiEFC

Everyone laughed at me at work when I said Jags was one of the best CBs in the league over the last 25 years. I really do believe that.

He was awesome in almost every combination you put him in.

So cool under pressure, the absolute opposite of what we’ve seen for the most part over the last 4 years.

I’d give anything to have a young Jags here again.
AjaxAndy

NomadskiEFC wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:19 pm Everyone laughed at me at work when I said Jags was one of the best CBs in the league over the last 25 years. I really do believe that.

He was awesome in almost every combination you put him in.

So cool under pressure, the absolute opposite of what we’ve seen for the most part over the last 4 years.

I’d give anything to have a young Jags here again.
Only John Terry could hold a candle to him in regards positional sense....he was truly elite in that regard.

Only his ability on the ball lacked what was required to be regarded higher, everything else was very good to excellent, with positioning being elite level.
Stumpy

Yeah that was an unbelievable bit of defending.
It was against west brom we were winning 1-0 at the time and his brilliance saved a certain goal and 2 mins later saha scored to tie the game up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic