Amadou Onana

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Jamokachi

Re: Amadou Onana

Cantoffee wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:29 pm Thought he was a passenger today but yes I think he's the only one who can consistently take the ball off the defence and turned upfield to get us on the front foot.
Was still carrying a slight injury in fairness to him.
Cozzie

Hopefully not serious?

We don't half miss this fella
Cozzie

We are going down with a midfield 2 of Gana and Garner BTW.
Juanito

Thought we missed him today, Gueye on the ball is awful
Cantoffee

Only player in the squad that takes the ball of the defence and can turn upfield to get us moving.

Gueye and Garner both play it back to the CBs, out to the fullbacks or turn slowly making it hard to play through the lines.

Hope he recovers soon.
brap2

Looking forward to watching him play again, stands out like a sore thumb in this side for me.
TheRam

Appreciated him more today than I ever have done when he’s played.

Garner isn’t doing it at all for me.
Blueomar

TheRam wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:15 pm Appreciated him more today than I ever have done when he’s played.

Garner isn’t doing it at all for me.
Garner looks better when Onana is playing.
dsaund

Not sure if it’s solely Dyche working with him, but seems his heading is getting a lot better. Was a very good finish on Saturday and not scared to put himself in the way of danger
Cods

dsaund wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:13 am Not sure if it’s solely Dyche working with him, but seems his heading is getting a lot better. Was a very good finish on Saturday and not scared to put himself in the way of danger
Was going to say the same. Big improvement over his time here so far. Hope it continues to Tarky's level, as he could be an absolute weapon for us.

On aerial threat, Dom and Tarky are our best headers, and whilst strength and technique are big parts to this, we've got 4 players taller than Dom, and (excluding Dom), 6 that are taller than Tarky.

Thought we might have become a bit more 'lump it into the box', full on sit back set piece goals etc, but it seems Dyche is not so much the stereotypical.

Branthwaite 1.95m
Onana 1.95m
Beto 1.94m
Chermiti 1.92m
Dom 1.89m
Keane 1.88m
Dele 1.88m
Tarkowski 1.85m
superpull

I think you will find we use The Holgate as a unit of measurement around these parts, not metres
Shogun

Don't mind players missing a pen but not that. Wanker.
Gash

That was a fucking stinker. Absolutely woeful penalty, trying to be fucking smart and passing it into the net. Tit!
TheRam

Fucking disgraceful that.

Sums him all up. Can’t wait to sell him
howard1334

I suspect he was fifth because he's shown he's good at them during training, using that shit technique. But that wasn't the moment for it.

Hopefully serves as a valuable lesson for him and hopefully supporters don't hold it against him for too long. We need him playing well for as long as he remains.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic