Financial Fairplay Investigation - Charged again

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

0
3
7%
1-3
2
5%
4-6
22
52%
7-9
5
12%
10
10
24%
 
Total votes: 42

Shogun
User avatar
Posts: 2343
Karma: 1026

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

https://twitter.com/The1878s/status/1726935597653053537
Cereal Killer
Posts: 354
Karma: 78

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

I think a lot of our covid excuses were accepted seeing as we had about £400m actual losses across the three years that were reviewed, yet only just went over the 3 year limit
superpull
Posts: 131
Karma: 56

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

Cereal Killer wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:17 pm I think a lot of our covid excuses were accepted seeing as we had about £400m actual losses across the three years that were reviewed, yet only just went over the 3 year limit
That's true, to be fair.

It's a long old report and i've not read it all. But i've been unable to tally up our declared figures with the £19.5m figure we went over by.
So you are likely correct.
Toffee1
Posts: 325
Location: East Finchley, London
Karma: 70

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

https://twitter.com/Shivutd4/status/1726936623898923468 A United fan calling for their supporters to join in on Sunday.
Phillyt
Posts: 17

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

So it turns out any compo claims will be heard by the same panel, including the fella who is basically Leeds solicitor. 😂
Escla
Posts: 489
Karma: 109

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

Shogun wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:03 pm https://twitter.com/The1878s/status/1726935597653053537
TBH think this will cause us more problems than it’s worth, PL will lash out with further review of last three years etc. should have left this until after the review at least and if they hadn’t reduced the penalty then lash out.
superpull
Posts: 131
Karma: 56

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

Escla wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:43 pm
Shogun wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:03 pm https://twitter.com/The1878s/status/1726935597653053537
TBH think this will cause us more problems than it’s worth, PL will lash out with further review of last three years etc. should have left this until after the review at least and if they hadn’t reduced the penalty then lash out.

I mean, according to their own rules - why would they just absolve us of any wrong doing for the last 3 years?

Surely that's incoming anyway isnt it? Or do they get to pick and choose what is punished when?
Bluedylan1
Posts: 1061
Karma: 857

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

Nice to see that the Prem clubs have voted that clubs can continue to loan players from other clubs under the same ownership in foreign countries.

All fair and above board. Nothing to see here.
superpull
Posts: 131
Karma: 56

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

Phillyt wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:07 pm So it turns out any compo claims will be heard by the same panel, including the fella who is basically Leeds solicitor. 😂
Surely any actual compensation would be a civil matter and would be taken via the UK civil courts?
An independent panel cannot rule on a tort between parties?

edit,

well, they COULD rule on it, but there would be no legal reason for us to pay it.
Escla
Posts: 489
Karma: 109

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

superpull wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:08 pm
Phillyt wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:07 pm So it turns out any compo claims will be heard by the same panel, including the fella who is basically Leeds solicitor. 😂
Surely any actual compensation would be a civil matter and would be taken via the UK civil courts?
An independent panel cannot rule on a tort between parties?

edit,

well, they COULD rule on it, but there would be no legal reason for us to pay it.
Think you are spot on with that.
Escla
Posts: 489
Karma: 109

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

superpull wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:06 pm
Escla wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:43 pm
Shogun wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:03 pm https://twitter.com/The1878s/status/1726935597653053537
TBH think this will cause us more problems than it’s worth, PL will lash out with further review of last three years etc. should have left this until after the review at least and if they hadn’t reduced the penalty then lash out.

I mean, according to their own rules - why would they just absolve us of any wrong doing for the last 3 years?

Surely that's incoming anyway isnt it? Or do they get to pick and choose what is punished when?
Seems that way.
Shogun
User avatar
Posts: 2343
Karma: 1026

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

Bluedylan1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:06 pm Nice to see that the Prem clubs have voted that clubs can continue to loan players from other clubs under the same ownership in foreign countries.

All fair and above board. Nothing to see here.
Who does that benefit outside of Man City, Newcastle and Chelsea?
Fynci
Posts: 28
Karma: 4

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

Phillyt wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:07 pm So it turns out any compo claims will be heard by the same panel, including the fella who is basically Leeds solicitor. 😂
So let’s plan on it being -19. Long road ahead.
Bluedylan1
Posts: 1061
Karma: 857

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

Shogun wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:39 pm
Bluedylan1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:06 pm Nice to see that the Prem clubs have voted that clubs can continue to loan players from other clubs under the same ownership in foreign countries.

All fair and above board. Nothing to see here.
Who does that benefit outside of Man City, Newcastle and Chelsea?
Yeah off the top of my head, they are the three in question. Maybe some of the others are looking at multi club ownership.

They got 7 votes in their favour, so I would assume that's the normal Big 6 plus Newcastle.
Escla
Posts: 489
Karma: 109

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Post

Shogun wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:39 pm
Bluedylan1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:06 pm Nice to see that the Prem clubs have voted that clubs can continue to loan players from other clubs under the same ownership in foreign countries.

All fair and above board. Nothing to see here.
Who does that benefit outside of Man City, Newcastle and Chelsea?
I guess that should 777 succeed in their takeover then we could benefit from their other five clubs ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic