Jarrad Branthwaite

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Silas

Re: Jarrad Branthwaite

Really didn't think this lad would be near the level he is in the prem so quickly. Comparable to Stones we should only be selling if he wants to go and pushes for it
Bluedylan1

I think we're selling him this summer tbh.

There's been quite a few links around with Greaves at Hull, Ballard at Sunderland and even Lacroix at Wolfsburg as possible replacements.

Could be paper talk, but just has the feel of us lining someone up when we do sell Branthwaite.
Cantoffee

Will depend entirely on PSR and where we stand come end of the season.

Assuming our outgoings so far this season are Iwobi, Gray, Simms, and Cannon. Might be able to squeak by selling Onana before end of current fiscal year and keeping Branthwaite for the season with an eye to selling him before June 30, 2025.

I really like Onana, but with the way we play Branthwaite is clearly more important and keeping him would go a long way to ensuring we have a good chance of staying up next season.
Blueomar

Man, when he got that red against brentford a couple of years ago, I wrote that I never wanted to see him in our squad again. :oops:

Please line up the plates of crow for my feast. :lol:
howard1334

Blueomar wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 pm Man, when he got that red against brentford a couple of years ago, I wrote that I never wanted to see him in our squad again. :oops:

Haha that was a wild shout given he was like 19!
Free Agent

How will people react if Arne Slots first move as the new LVPL manager was to make a 100m bid for this lad?

(Grabs coat and makes for the exit)
MmmBlueBranthwaite

Free Agent wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:02 am How will people react if Arne Slots first move as the new LVPL manager was to make a 100m bid for this lad?

(Grabs coat and makes for the exit)
Would never happen in this day an age. When was the last time the shite sighed a player from us?

Xavier?
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
The Doc

Have to sell, its both what we need to do and what we should be doing.
Toddacelli

Gary1878 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 pm We cannot sell this guy for anything less than £100m, but not this summer. We have to avoid it at all costs.

Seriously, fuck FFP. Sell 4 or 5 other players before you sell this lad. Him Tark and Pickford are the bedrock of our side.

He is incredibly vital to us. In 1 or 2 years time, let him go to Real or City. But I would be devastated to see him leave this summer.
Our safety and survival has been built on the backs of those three. We’re not prolific scorers, we’re not fancy possession players but we can be hard to score against.
brap2

I think there's maybe an argument, one a stronger man than I could make, that for dyche's system you don't necessarily need a rolls Royce two footed defender who is comfortable strolling out or playing through the lines, and in replacing him we maybe need height, pace, strength, heading, tackling, and a bit of a switch on him.

So like a more athletic Tark would do the trick rather than a burlier stones regen like Branthwaite.
Kerryblueboy

Just goes to show what a good loan can do for a player should be sending chermiti to psv next season could be great for him
Free Agent

If only 777 had feeder clubs who we could loan Chermitti out to
Polledreng

Blueomar wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 pm Man, when he got that red against brentford a couple of years ago, I wrote that I never wanted to see him in our squad again. :oops:

you are forgiven..... one of by best mates dad told my friend after watching Graeme Sharp making his debut, that he would never cut it..... We can all be wrong 👍
superpull

brap2 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:22 pm I think there's maybe an argument, one a stronger man than I could make, that for dyche's system you don't necessarily need a rolls Royce two footed defender who is comfortable strolling out or playing through the lines, and in replacing him we maybe need height, pace, strength, heading, tackling, and a bit of a switch on him.

So like a more athletic Tark would do the trick rather than a burlier stones regen like Branthwaite.
Keane looked like a future England captain in Dyche's Burnley.
Paddockoldie

It's all about the timing what we get for him. If we have to sell to balance the books, we could get less because of that pressure
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic