Ben Godfrey

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Ben Godfrey

bigmanbob wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:03 pm Must have missed that?
Was disgusting mate, pure diarrhea, covered the post from top to bottom 🤣
bigmanbob

Dirty boy
Silas

I'll give the lad some credit he's not had a bad season overall.
Gary1878

He covers the CBs so well. I can think of 3 goals he has saved this season by being in the right place at the right time in the box, tracking runs and clearing the ball.

It’s not ideal having him at RB but he has been much better than we sometimes give him credit for.
Cods

He just gives attackers a bit too much of a head start, and his awareness still seems off, but he's done alot better than previous seasons.
Jamokachi

Might be one of our first choice centre backs next season, if JB is off.
brap2

Hope he's done enough to earn some interest.

Has tons of good attributes but he's been here 4 years is it? And he's still not playing CB.

Find what he's got or what you need elsewhere.
777Kidnappings

He has a really odd way of trying to defend a winger. He backs off and backs off right to the point that the ball is about to be crossed then closes the gap really quickly and tries to block it. Worked recently but I'm not sure it's the way you're meant to do it
TheRam

I think he’ll be our starting right back next season.

If he can have an injury free season then I think we’ll see the best of him.

Unfortunately he’s terrible in the air which means he’ll never be a centre back but in this era of teams moving centre halves out wide he could be a really good right back.

Let’s get mykolenko bombing on next season and have Godfrey raging deep and making a three at the back.
Cods

[quote=TheRam post_id=32202 time=1714279844 user_id=67]
I think he’ll be our starting right back next season.

If he can have an injury free season then I think we’ll see the best of him.

Unfortunately he’s terrible in the air which means he’ll never be a centre back but in this era of teams moving centre halves out wide he could be a really good right back.

Let’s get mykolenko bombing on next season and have Godfrey raging deep and making a three at the back.
[/quote]

This worries me, but also it's not the worst outcome as he can't play anywhere else for us so it might as well be there. He's OK athletically but he's not a clever or solid defender.

He's going to be the side the opposition target, but I agree that the three at the back is a good plan, but would rather a mobile attacking right back and having Myko watch the left.

Godfrey did put in a couple of decently shaped crosses into dangerous areas, with time probably could improve. Some stability in personnel, rather than considerable squad upheaval also has advantages.
AjaxAndy

Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting right back slot next year. Offer absolutely nothing going forward and means whoever is right wing is doubled up on constantly.

He's been alright the last couple of games defensively but he's not a full back and as critical of Patterson as I've been, I'd be starting him from the off next season and give him the game time he needs to develop.
The Doc

He's not a right back and he's not a prem level CB. He can do a job when the environment is right to cover for his weaknesses, but one we should move on if we can get some money.

Probably best suited in a back three, like a Wish Kyle Walker. Pace to cover but not expected to attack, and two other CBs there to win the headers.
Kerryblueboy

No way should he be right back next season offers nothing there back up cb or out the door
TheRam

I think you all overestimate our ability and funds to be able to but a right back in the summer.

More pressing priorities in the squad.
Escla

Jamokachi wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:31 am Might be one of our first choice centre backs next season, if JB is off.
Either him or £72k a week Holgate !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic