1. Arsenal 83pts 60GD
2. Man City 82pts 54GD

Sat 12:30 Fulham v Man City
Sun 16:30 Man United v Arsenal

Tues 20:00 Spurs v Man City

Sun 16:00 Man City v West Ham
Sun 16:00 Arsenal v Everton

---

If Spurs get anything from that match to hand the title to Arsenal then they should fold as a club.

Think Man United will get something from Arsenal anyway.
Shogun

Re: Who wins the league?

Although not going to happen, would be fun if Arsenal beat Man United by a goal, Man City drew with Spurs after hammering Fulham by 5 or 6 and then it came down to who can can get battered harder... West Ham or Everton?
777Kidnappings

These titles challenges are spoilt by the dominance of the top teams. The Liverpool City 1 the other year. The lead changed hands about 20 times but only because they were playing at different times and they both pretty much won every game.

It's not exciting when both just win every week. City will win every game and win it. Think I'd rather it was arsenal but it does make the premier league look a bit daft with all the ffp stuff if city continue to dominate. Which is good
Shogun

Bluedylan1

Every Spurs fan I know or have heard talking about it are quite happy to lose that game 5-0. Similar to us when Liverpool wanted us to beat City in their title race.
Gash

I think I'd be a bit torn if I was Spurs fan, it would depend what happens tonight. It's still an outside chance as Villa have Sheff Utd last game of the season but if Liverpool win then Spurs can really put the pressure on Villa for a CL spot.

Postecoglou reckons 100% of Spurs fans want to beat City but I don't think he's reading the room. The way Spurs have been recently they won't need to worry to much anyway, City should pump them quite convincingly.
Stumpy

Bluedylan1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:58 pm Every Spurs fan I know or have heard talking about it are quite happy to lose that game 5-0. Similar to us when Liverpool wanted us to beat City in their title race.
That city game was mad for me.
I was dreading the shite winning the title, obviously.
I watched it in my local, and it was packed, with a fair number of r's in there.
When Barkley scored i felt sick and screamed what the fuck are you doing, and had dogs abuse of a few r's.
Then city scored 3 and everything was going to plan, but it still hurt we were losing.
When Lukaku made it 3-2, i honestly wanted us to win the game, despite the dire consequences.
I'm going out to watch the game tomorrow partly because 2 of my close mates who are spurs fans will be there and i want to see how they act, especially if the shite turn Villa over tonight and keep them in the race for 4th
Stumpy

Gash wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:35 pm I think I'd be a bit torn if I was Spurs fan, it would depend what happens tonight. It's still an outside chance as Villa have Sheff Utd last game of the season but if Liverpool win then Spurs can really put the pressure on Villa for a CL spot.

Postecoglou reckons 100% of Spurs fans want to beat City but I don't think he's reading the room. The way Spurs have been recently they won't need to worry to much anyway, City should pump them quite convincingly.
They were diabolical at anfield and lucky the shite declared at 4-0 and stopped playing, or it would have been a whole lot worse for them.
Spurs have had city's number at their new ground, winning every league game there without conceding, despite being completely outplayed in a few of them games, though city burst their bubble there in the fa cup this season.
But none of the above counts for jack on current form where city look so good and spurs not.
Toffee1

Won't be too much of a hardship as they have a very good replacement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic