Beto

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
MmmBlueBranthwaite

Re: Beto

brap2 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 am Think I'd like to see him running behind the defence onto a ball, and having some opportunities in the box.

Got your wish yesterday.

Looked like Bambi on acid on ice.
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
brap2

MmmBlueBranthwaite wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:34 am Got your wish yesterday.

Looked like Bambi on acid on ice.
Sadly was in the air for the whole game so didn't get to see it live and direct.

Poor again?
Kerryblueboy

He just looks so clumsy when he runs like he is going to fall over all the time
superpull

We've brought in a better version of Oumar Niasse.
Better in relation to him. Not in relation to anything else.

But, Niasse had little purple patches and grabbed the odd goal. Mainly because defenders are drilled to death on what an attacking footballer is going to do 90% of the time.
These guys don't know what they're going to do at any given moment so occasionally defenders can't get a handle on them.
AjaxAndy

Usually I'm pretty critical of him, but thought he was good when he came on... That role of coming on against tired legs where they're pushing for an equaliser is the perfect one for him.

He nearly won us a penalty and although it was outside the area in the end it should also have been a red card for Berge who made no attempt to play the ball.

Absolutely no complaints about what he did when he came on yesterday.
NomadskiEFC

superpull wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:07 pm We've brought in a better version of Oumar Niasse.
Better in relation to him. Not in relation to anything else.

But, Niasse had little purple patches and grabbed the odd goal. Mainly because defenders are drilled to death on what an attacking footballer is going to do 90% of the time.
These guys don't know what they're going to do at any given moment so occasionally defenders can't get a handle on them.
Niasse was far better than Beto.
MmmBlueBranthwaite

brap2 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:08 pm Sadly was in the air for the whole game so didn't get to see it live and direct.

Poor again?

He didn’t have a huge amount of time to impress to be fair but what he did was poor.
TheRam

NomadskiEFC wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:31 pm Niasse was far better than Beto.
Come on man.
Cantoffee

Niasse was barely league 1 level.

Beto is a donkey but purely due to size, strength, and speed he causes issues. Maybe he gets better but does look poor to me.
MmmBlueBranthwaite

I’d flog Beto and promote Chermiti. At least give him more game time to improve. Beto ain’t gonna get any better.
Escla

MmmBlueBranthwaite wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:56 pm I’d flog Beto and promote Chermiti. At least give him more game time to improve. Beto ain’t gonna get any better.
We can’t flog Beto, we haven’t even paid for him yet !
Toddacelli

The Portuguese Stracqualursi!
Toddacelli

Now no-one knows how to reply because coming from me - that could be a compliment OR an insult!
NomadskiEFC

TheRam wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:37 pmCome on man.
Come on what? I know Niasse is a low bar but what was it? 8 goals in 35ish appearances? And most of them were 5 minute cameos.

He scored some alright goals and always gave his all.

Can’t fault Betos desire but bloody hell, the guy is a bumbling idiot on the pitch.
TheRam

NomadskiEFC wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:25 am Come on what? I know Niasse is a low bar but what was it? 8 goals in 35ish appearances? And most of them were 5 minute cameos.

He scored some alright goals and always gave his all.

Can’t fault Betos desire but bloody hell, the guy is a bumbling idiot on the pitch.
Niasse was not far better than beto.

It’s not even worth a discussion. Sorry.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic