blueforyou

Re: Everton Academy, U21s etc...

Made his debut at 16 - he was ready...
bigmanbob

Based on what?
777Kidnappings

TheRam wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:11 pm They’re shite because we’ve had to get rid of all the best players.

Dyche said himself the system has been gutted.

Is it getting to the stage where most might as well give it up as a bad job. The top few just end up taking their pick of whatever you've developed anyway
4evablu

777Kidnappings wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:40 pm Is it getting to the stage where most might as well give it up as a bad job. The top few just end up taking their pick of whatever you've developed anyway
I know lets scrap all the academy teams..youth teams and reserve teams save the money for the first team only....FFS !!
Do you actually look for things to slag the club off with...
WBFBTPL
777Kidnappings

4evablu wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:10 pm I know lets scrap all the academy teams..youth teams and reserve teams save the money for the first team only....FFS !!
Do you actually look for things to slag the club off with...
Do I look for things to slag the club off for?? Haha is they a serious question. Let's go the opposite way. Name me 1 thing we are doing well compared to our rivals??

In recent times we've lost players we never got close to seeing play to city and Chelsea. You do kind of wonder what the point is when that happens. Seriously though name 1 thing the club does really well
TheRam

Brathwaite, coleman, DCL.

£150m worth of assets there in their prime all plucked from lower leagues.

We have done quite well when it comes to youth recruitment.

Been some misses along the way like but we have tried over the years to do some right things .
blueforyou

Vaughan was ready based on Moyes judgement, repaid with a goal, and if not for injuries, would have been a first team regular at 18
Kerryblueboy

Bayer leverkusen trying to poach a young keeper from us 16 years old England international douglas something can’t remember the surname
cassius

Back to you in the studio
blueforyou

Lukjanciks

Remember the name...
Toffee1

brap2

Know some one who knows someone etc. But my understanding is the keeper intends to stay.

Sidenote but the club has to do something to stop this hemmoraghing of talent at that level.

I think tbh the league needs to look at it as a point of urgency. City, Chelsea, Liverpool are signing everyone's best kids.
777Kidnappings

Toffee1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:43 am
You do wonder what the point is. Can't compete with the rich clubs on anything. Can't even stop them stockpiling all the top 16 year olds that other clubs developed. For me the sport has gone now. The whole thing is about the elite few and they'll be the elite few forever now
Kerryblueboy

So wrong that city can poach youth players like that he should look at how Thierry small worked out when he left
brap2

Frankly, city offer a better route to a career in football I think
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic