Beto

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Gash

Re: Beto

Caused more trouble in the first few minutes when he came on than DCL had all game. His finishing's poor but it's not easy when you're getting 10 minutes here and there and he's proven elsewhere that he can score. Probably another that just needs to get one or two and see how he goes, you can see he desperate to score and that's when a players shooting often gets worse.
AjaxAndy

Gash wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:04 pm Caused more trouble in the first few minutes when he came on than DCL had all game. His finishing's poor but it's not easy when you're getting 10 minutes here and there and he's proven elsewhere that he can score. Probably another that just needs to get one or two and see how he goes, you can see he desperate to score and that's when a players shooting often gets worse.
Came on against tired legs and 10 men... Pretty sure if you brought DCL on in that situation he'd cause loads of problems too.

The guy can't even make the most of the trouble his size and pace cause so it's pretty redundant anyway.

I really wanted him to be the player we saw on those YouTube vids, but he's a busted flush... Another big transfer fee completely wasted.
Shogun

Easy coming on when it's 1-0 and defenders are tiring though.

I wouldn't mind seeing him start the next match but I think he'd struggle. Be good to see DCL potentially come off the bench and win a match though.
Bob Sacamano

Tbf to him he bought that through ball with some smart movement. He put that ball on a plate for those crabs in our midfield. There’s now way any of those idiots are thinking of playing a ball like that unless they absolutely have to or by absolute fluke.
Bob Sacamano

Tbf to him he bought that through ball with some smart movement. He put that ball on a plate for those crabs in our midfield. There’s no way any of those idiots are thinking of playing a ball like that unless they absolutely have to or by absolute fluke.

Personally I think if you give him two balls like that a game he’s bagging a few over the course of a season.
Last edited by Bob Sacamano on Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheRam

If he was 21 I’d be fully all in on the fella.

But he’s 26 and looks so raw so it’s hard to believe he’s going to make it here but he does have all the physical tools.

Wouldn’t mind the Cherminator getting some minutes.
Shogun

Now I'm aware the Cherminator nickname, I'm totally on board.
cassius

Yeah I want the Cherminator to start now, purely based on that.

Also the Beto chance that he blew over the bar. I wouldn't say it was an easy chance. People getting carried away a bit I think.
brap2

Didn't see it, but the xg doesn't look v high on any of his chances. We didn't seem to make much at all according to that.

Always frustrating when a player doesn't get it on target tho.
Paddockoldie

Shogun wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:07 pm Easy coming on when it's 1-0 and defenders are tiring though.

I wouldn't mind seeing him start the next match but I think he'd struggle. Be good to see DCL potentially come off the bench and win a match though.
Just thinking the same. It's hard to impact off the bench unless you're quality. He needs game time to get into the tempo etc which the bench doesn't give him, especially with Dyche's late subs game. DCL off the bench may work in his favour
Granite

It was a great run and he’d done the hard part by shrugging off the defender. He’d given him some room for the shot but his lack of composure was the disappointing thing.

He gets his shot on target and at least get a corner, that’s another 90 seconds off the clock. Him spooning it into the stand meant they were back in possession 10 seconds later.
Bluedylan1

Wrong thread.
AjaxAndy

cassius wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:03 pm Yeah I want the Cherminator to start now, purely based on that.

Also the Beto chance that he blew over the bar. I wouldn't say it was an easy chance. People getting carried away a bit I think.
It definitely wasn't an easy chance... It's the blazing it miles wide and high that I have the issue with.

Definitely wouldn't say he missed a sitter (think completely missing the ball with his head was worse), but it's just the sheer frustration of seeing him have so little composure that makes it so rage inducing.

I could forgive the league one touch, crap hold up play and the poor pressing if he was a killer when through on goal, but when you add no composure and poor finisher to the mix you're left with a right bag of turd.
Cods

I thought his touch and shielding of the ball was exceptional a couple of times early, and his introduction led to a couple of chances we otherwise wouldn't have got.

Anyone that always shoots with the power he does is often gonna blaze over the bar, or if on target would send the ball (and keeper) into the back of the net.
brap2

Listen he gets shots off. I'm v forgiving when it comes to finishing, but what I want really is a striker causing trouble, holding up the ball and getting 3+ shots a game in good positions. He's nearly there with zero game time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic