Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
25%

Total votes: 59

Goaljira

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Charged again

Shogun wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:08 pm Yeah, Goaljira is spot on. A bit like the PGMOL, it's difficult to know if it's arrogance or incompetence when it comes to Everton.

The only thing I can't take about the two punishments is that they're going to be applied in the same season. It can't be right that you're punished twice in the same season for going over the threshold in two different accounting periods.

I get that we'd have been relegated had it been applied last season but it's not our fault that the Premier League is incompetent and have allowed it go over this long. Whatever the second charge, it should be being applied for next season.
There's just too many questions because the process wasn't really thought out to ever be punished in reality, but then they've panicked about the prospect of independant regulation putting a stop to their shady goings on and gone all in without really having a plan other than making us the sacrificial lamb.
  • How does the second penalty work if we go down anyway - does it hold over to if/when we come back up and we start on -10 then?
  • If we go down it'd take a miracle for us not to fall foul of the stricter EFL limits for the period after, so when would that apply to the following season or if we come back up when/if we go back down?
  • Whats the statute of limitations on a points deduction? How does that change when the rules change in August - we start the season with a deduction based on failure to comply with a different set of rules?
  • How does this apply to the likes of City and Chelsea if they're ever even brought to a hearing? If they're offences were over different time periods, are they only allowed to be penalised for one period per season?
The first charge should have been brought about last season, and whatever the outcome we'd have gone down. We dropped lucky not only with the fact that it was delayed and we got to stay up, but that there's enough shit teams in the league that what would normally be a relegation causing -10 points has merely got us in the mix. If we get another deduction because of the second period and its actually our fault we chose to not comply, then if we end up relegated then we end up relegated. Going down this season with Burnley, Sheff Utd and the worst of the current top 4 to compete against next season to come back up seems a better prospect than going down last season and having to fight against Leicester, Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich.

My main concern now is that the reason for the deduction is made clear, so that everyone knows where they stand. So that we know what punishment can be expected for the second charge, and for Forest's charge, and that City and Chelsea will be dealt with in the same harsh terms. But the rule change in the summer completely fucks things in that realistically other than next season no one is likely to come close to being charged under the current rules and everyone is running scared this year because of whats happened to us so there likely won't be any failures. Well, you know, unless we manage to survice irrespective and we've still completely fucked things up with our dodgy loans.
Evertonian in NC

I guess we will soon see if there is a "Friday night bad news dump" here (common in USA)
weimaranerblues

Can't be happening today surely too late.

Has this taken 4months , I've lost track

If the second charge sticks then it's got to be applied 24/25, it will be Aug if they follow the same timescale
Cozzie

weimaranerblues wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:38 pm Can't be happening today surely too late.

Has this taken 4months , I've lost track

If the second charge sticks then it's got to be applied 24/25, it will be Aug if they follow the same timescale
The PL will just change it to suit, it's what they've been doing all along.
Bluedylan1

Watched a compilation of all Leighton Baines' goals for the club last night randomly, and felt a really sense of sadness and loss of a better time at the club and a different time in football.

I was also contemplating a cheeky wank at the sheer beauty of Bainesy's left peg, but I declined in the end because it would've been a cry-wank and no-one wants one of them.

As you were.
Gary1878

Bluedylan1 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:16 pm Watched a compilation of all Leighton Baines' goals for the club last night randomly, and felt a really sense of sadness and loss of a better time at the club and a different time in football.

I was also contemplating a cheeky wank at the sheer beauty of Bainesy's left peg, but I declined in the end because it would've been a cry-wank and no-one wants one of them.

As you were.
There was once a time where we had a peak Seamus Coleman rampaging down the right, and a wand of a left foot on the opposite flank.

Those were the days when it was seriously expensive to have both of them in your fantasy football team.

Sorry if that stirs up too many fond memories
Cozzie

Yeah peak Coleman and Baines was about as good as it got.
TheRam

Bluedylan1 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:16 pm Watched a compilation of all Leighton Baines' goals for the club last night randomly, and felt a really sense of sadness and loss of a better time at the club and a different time in football.

As you were.
Might be meeting him in a few weeks.

Will show him this post.
Cozzie

I was sat next to him once in a cafe in Aughton, I was all over the place.
Bob Sacamano

My prince
Attachments
IMG_3127.jpeg
IMG_3127.jpeg (116.24 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
biziclop

Cozzie wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:41 pm Yeah peak Coleman and Baines was about as good as it got.
I distinctly remember one goal from the Martinez era when they just passed to each other in the box cos they were by far the furthest forward.
brap2

biziclop wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:19 pm I distinctly remember one goal from the Martinez era when they just passed to each other in the box cos they were by far the furthest forward.

I remember a game on sky sports where Andy Gray said in the build up to the game "I've been at Goodison and the left back is squaring it to the right back to score, that's the football they play here"

And about half an hour later Baines assisted Coleman.
biziclop

brap2 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:27 pm I remember a game on sky sports where Andy Gray said in the build up to the game "I've been at Goodison and the left back is squaring it to the right back to score, that's the football they play here"

And about half an hour later Baines assisted Coleman.
Aye, that's the one, across the edge of the six yard box as well.
Cozzie

At least we know we will find out at the very latest, Thursday.

Come on you corrupt bastards, give us our points back.
HANNU

I doubt we are getting anything back, I honestly think we will get the docked points increased
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic