Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
25%

Total votes: 59

Audrey Horne

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Charged again

Any rumours of hearing today?
Shogun

Dyche said club have been told end of the month
Cozzie

That was the original shout wasn't it?

Still a while to wait. The way this impacts all clubs at the bottom it's been a complete disgrace.
Evertonian in NC

We'll get 14-16 (combined), Forest will get 7-8.

(watch my pessimism be optimistic)
Gary1878

Can’t honestly believe we have been charged again. That is far more annoying than even the appeal as it’s so much more of an unknown.

There have to have been other clubs really close to FFP or at least due to break it this season. We can’t be the only ones along with Forest.
Goaljira

Gary1878 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:04 pm Can’t honestly believe we have been charged again. That is far more annoying than even the appeal as it’s so much more of an unknown.

There have to have been other clubs really close to FFP or at least due to break it this season. We can’t be the only ones along with Forest.
Why can't we?
777Kidnappings

Think it's disgracefully inept to have gone over again the following season. Think they should have been open with fans as they must have known it was coming
The Doc

They're dragging this one out
cassius

777Kidnappings wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:40 pm Think it's disgracefully inept to have gone over again the following season. Think they should have been open with fans as they must have known it was coming
I don't think we were over again though?

Which is part of the issue, that we could be in profit for two years but one bad year puts us over more than once in the 3 year rolling cycle?

I might be wrong with that, and we may have gone over again for all I know, but isn't that the double jeopardy argument?
Cozzie

Feb 29th, end of the month is a Thursday.

At least we know it will deffo be before then.
brap2

We haven't released our books yet have we, tbh I don't quite understand the double jeapordy thing maybe the esk has an article on it but I CBA to be quite honest
Gary1878

The Premier League not only has a duty to the clubs but also to the fans of the clubs.

The fans are the lifeblood of football. Without us, clubs and the PL would not exist in their current form.

So why is the communication to fans so poor from the PL on the entire process? And in fact, if they had proper procedures and due process in place, everyone would know what to expect, and the communication wouldn’t be needed.

Who can Everton complain to if they feel the decision is unfair? An independent panel is utter bullshit. They aren’t fully independent at all. They have been authorised and hired by the PL.

A football regulator must come in asap for full autonomy and independence.
Zoolander

cassius wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:00 am I don't think we were over again though?

Which is part of the issue, that we could be in profit for two years but one bad year puts us over more than once in the 3 year rolling cycle?

I might be wrong with that, and we may have gone over again for all I know, but isn't that the double jeopardy argument?
It’s shows just how ill thought through the entire system is. One bad year, for whatever reason, can completely screw a club for three years. Or in our case twice in one year which is equally insane.
Goaljira

Zoolander wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:17 pm It’s shows just how ill thought through the entire system is. One bad year, for whatever reason, can completely screw a club for three years. Or in our case twice in one year which is equally insane.
Its really the opposite. If you only have 1 bad year in 3 then you're fine. You've got the other 2 years to counteract the effects of the 'bad' year. The problems start when you have continual bad years, and think you can talk your way out of it instead of taking enough steps in year 4 to ensure its enough of an improvement on year 1 to correct it. You know at the start of the year what you've done the previous two years for the new three year period.

You're a business, so you're constantly monitoring your finances and expected income, and know where you need to be come the end of the financial year. Even if you have a bad year on the pitch, and finish lower than expected you've still got 6 weeks after the season finishes before the end of the financial year to make whatever *additional* sales you need to make to keep you compliant. Year 4 starts, and you know how you've done. You're not reporting to the PL for 6 months, but you know your finances. So you've got it in mind that you've a potential breach to deal with.

You also know what your figures were for years 2 and 3, and what you need to do that year[4] to regain compliance. Now a responsible business should assume the worst, and that they need to do everything they can to comply in year 4. Everton didn't. They thought they could argue everything away from years 1/2/3, so when they didn't they'd not accounted for enough of a deficit being needed in Year 4, which is why we've breached again. We don't know how much by as the accounts haven't been released, but its going to be the equivalent of whatever the £19.5m overspend in years 1/2/3 that couldn't be agreed to be written off fell in years 2/3. So in theory it should be lower, and if its not then we've completely fucked it and there's no excuses whatsoever because we've knowingly carried on doing what we were doing. Yes, we didn't know that it was going to be a points deduction for the first breach, but carrying on wilfully ignoring the possibility is negligence.
Shogun

Yeah, Goaljira is spot on. A bit like the PGMOL, it's difficult to know if it's arrogance or incompetence when it comes to Everton.

The only thing I can't take about the two punishments is that they're going to be applied in the same season. It can't be right that you're punished twice in the same season for going over the threshold in two different accounting periods.

I get that we'd have been relegated had it been applied last season but it's not our fault that the Premier League is incompetent and have allowed it go over this long. Whatever the second charge, it should be being applied for next season.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic