Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
25%

Total votes: 59

Gary1878

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Charged again

Its a mess. There is no two ways about it.

You should never have this kind of thing in the key part of the season where it can have a material affect on the competition.

And then there could be another points deduction, where the PL giveth, and the PL taketh away, in which we could stay up, but then be relegated on another notional amount of points.

And don't forget, making up a notional amount of points might not just anger us if we were relegated. What happens if we stay up by 6 points, and they only decide to deduct us 5 points? How do we think the club in 18th will feel?

Will be interesting to see what happens after this.
Cozzie

Absolute farce now.

Not sure whether to be worried or relaxed at the distinct lack of noise about it too.

No tweets even remotely discussing it, even the jarg accounts.

If it has been decided then surely someone somewhere will have heard tid bits but it's extremely quiet.

Can't imagine what the hold up is now.

3 weeks on Friday isn't it?
brap2

Just have a feeling it's today
777Kidnappings

brap2 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:09 am Just have a feeling it's today

Was convinced it was last Friday. Assuming it 100% has to be this week. Who fucking knows though. Probably not even them
Escalator

I got a feeling ! The PL always said that the club would be informed of the outcome before it was made public. It might be that the club were informed say a couple of days ago but the result was so fuckin horrendous that we have kicked up almighty shit with our super KC threatening all kinds of legal challenges that negotiations are taking place, just a feeling but otherwise don’t understand the delay when it was always agreed that the outcome of the appeal would be made known mid February.
Fynci

I’ve been very passively following this, sounds terrible as a supporter, but tbh I fear that once the decision was made there would be no room for backtracking. The Premier League do not like to appear weak so they will not want to see any change.

I think we will receive another points deduction, along with Forest, so unless we pick up a LOT of points I think we are long gone.

As I said, I’ve not been following this closely, so I hope I’m totally wrong.
Escalator

Fynci wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:43 am I’ve been very passively following this, sounds terrible as a supporter, but tbh I fear that once the decision was made there would be no room for backtracking. The Premier League do not like to appear weak so they will not want to see any change.

I think we will receive another points deduction, along with Forest, so unless we pick up a LOT of points I think we are long gone.

As I said, I’ve not been following this closely, so I hope I’m totally wrong.
If we don’t get a reduction here and then get an additional deduction we have no chance of surviving.
brap2

Escla wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:45 am If we don’t get a reduction here and then get an additional deduction we have no chance of surviving.
I mean if we get another ten then 99% down, unless forest got 10+, then it would be a straight race with us starting possibly 3 points back from the other 3 teams. So even then, we would have a non zero chance.

If we don't get anything back and avoid a further deduction, then we are looking at a straight race between us, Luton and Forest. Over the course of the season we have been a 1.2ppg team, Luton and Forest both <1ppg.

Keep playing how we've been playing (altho I would say last ten games we have tailed off massively, points and open play xg included), over the rest of the season, and we will be fine.

I think it probably goes down to me the wire, especially with this appeal and the second case. We won't know until probably after the season is over if we stayed up or not.
Escalator

brap2 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:52 am I mean if we get another ten then 99% down, unless forest got 10+, then it would be a straight race with us starting possibly 3 points back from the other 3 teams. So even then, we would have a non zero chance.

If we don't get anything back and avoid a further deduction, then we are looking at a straight race between us, Luton and Forest. Over the course of the season we have been a 1.2ppg team, Luton and Forest both <1ppg.

Keep playing how we've been playing (altho I would say last ten games we have tailed off massively, points and open play xg included), over the rest of the season, and we will be fine.

I think it probably goes down to me the wire, especially with this appeal and the second case. We won't know until probably after the season is over if we stayed up or not.
I think your second paragraph is our best hope/likely outcome.
weimaranerblues

Its us or forest if we get further punishment, on top.
Cozzie

Just fucking let us know ffs.
Fynci

Escla wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:45 am If we don’t get a reduction here and then get an additional deduction we have no chance of surviving.
Depends. If we receive another 3 point deduction and Forest get 7 then we are still in the driving seat, and Luton are still in range.

If it is another 10 and Forest get 10 then we are done.
AjaxAndy

I seem to have completely forgotten if anyone ever said how much we were over for the second charge... Has there been any info or rumours surrounding this?
weimaranerblues

AjaxAndy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:53 am I seem to have completely forgotten if anyone ever said how much we were over for the second charge... Has there been any info or rumours surrounding this?
It's all been a blur since this all began, it was not released if I remember correct. Just like the first charge it wasn't until they announced it that we knew it was 19 5m over.
Goaljira

AjaxAndy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:53 am I seem to have completely forgotten if anyone ever said how much we were over for the second charge... Has there been any info or rumours surrounding this?
The accounts haven't been made public yet, and will likely not until April like normal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic