Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
StirlingBlue

Re: Dyche

Bluedylan1 wrote:For me that was a terrible setup, team selection, use of subs and approach to the game and could've easily be served up by Benitez or Allardyce. No amount of post-event rationalisation is going to change that for me. I've praised him a fair few times this season, and acknowledged the circumstances he's been working under but that was absolutely terrible the other night.

He's going to need to realise that it's absolutely not going to wash at Goodison/BMD in the longterm if he wants to evolve, keep the job and have a chance at building something here.
As awful as it was we were still compact and drilled off the ball and well trained from set pieces, something we never were under those two.

The bar should be higher than that though
TheRam

Not scored from open play in ten games.

Not a great stat.
Cozzie

TheRam wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:48 pm Not scored from open play in ten games.

Not a great stat.
No surprise it coincided with Doucourè missing a chunk of those games.

That and some really poor finishing from DCL
Stumpy

Bluedylan1 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:06 pm For me that was a terrible setup, team selection, use of subs and approach to the game and could've easily be served up by Benitez or Allardyce. No amount of post-event rationalisation is going to change that for me. I've praised him a fair few times this season, and acknowledged the circumstances he's been working under but that was absolutely terrible the other night.

He's going to need to realise that it's absolutely not going to wash at Goodison/BMD in the longterm if he wants to evolve, keep the job and have a chance at building something here.
Yeah i've pretty much praised him to the hilt since he came here, but monday night was simply not good enough.
From the poor negative selection to the time he took to change it, he got it badly wrong.
I'm waiting to see what happens with young now because quite frankly it was embarrassing watching him amble about the place yards of the pace offering nothing.
There is no justification for giving him a start in any position other than we are down to the bare bones.
I really hope he's realised young's a last resort
brap2

TheRam wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:48 pm Not scored from open play in ten games.

Not a great stat.
Odd considering how creative we are from open play
Shogun

Can't even think of many genuinely top chances from open play that have been missed in that run.

DCL's 1 on 1 against Aston Villa stands out but otherwise...
Kerryblueboy

Well there was Beto header against Fulham
Shogun

Kerryblueboy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:41 pm Well there was Beto header against Fulham
Corner wasn't it?
Shogun

I'm not Dyche out but I do look at Leicester, Leeds and Southampton likely coming up next season and wonder if Dyche would guide us out of a league where they replace Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley.

All three are better teams than the ones they're replacing. I don't think Leicester would get relegated (they shouldn't have the first time) and I think Leeds have quality to win matches and stay up. Southampton could go either way.

I don't really see us being any better than we are now and the signings we've made don't make me feel optimistic of improvement with the likes of Young, Beto and Chermiti who really aren't good enough when we need them to be.

Yeah, Forest would be down there again I'm sure. Palace with Eze, Olise, Guehi and Doucoure potentially consistent options with Glasner at the helm, I think they're less likely to be down there. I guess Fulham, Brentford and Bournemouth are a trio to look at but I wouldn't be surprised if two of them finish above us even if you add 10 points back this season and it's only really Brentford that are likely to be worse off in terms of Toney going.

I could see us being alright this season and Dyche would play a huge part in that. When there aren't two abysmal teams at the bottom of the league already, I have far less confidence in him getting enough points on the board.
Blueski

You have to wonder with FFP looming over us what requests he is making in terms of changing personnel that he's getting told no to.
Toddacelli

TheRam wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:38 am Wouldn’t even rank in top 50 worst performances in the premier league for us.
Wouldn’t fancy that DVD.
Toddacelli

brap2 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:29 am It's finally making me question xg. The chances we are 'creating' are just NOT good quality chances I don't care what anyone says. Swinging a boot at a bobble in the box or leaping 7 foot to guide a header, these are not good chances created.
When it knocks your religion you have to ask yourself if you should take a step back for a while…
cassius

It feels like if we don't score early on then Monday is how our games tend to pan out.

I know Dyche can't win games when we go behind, but I just don't feel like we win if we've not scored early on. That's just a hunch though I have nothing to back that up.
Toddacelli

cassius wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:31 am It feels like if we don't score early on then Monday is how our games tend to pan out.

I know Dyche can't win games when we go behind, but I just don't feel like we win if we've not scored early on. That's just a hunch though I have nothing to back that up.
I hate how we play better when we go behind and then don’t do enough to take 3 points. Why can’t we start like that and get in front, instead of trying desperately for 80 minutes for a fucking equaliser?
Bluenose91

Shogun wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:24 pm I'm not Dyche out but I do look at Leicester, Leeds and Southampton likely coming up next season and wonder if Dyche would guide us out of a league where they replace Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley.

All three are better teams than the ones they're replacing. I don't think Leicester would get relegated (they shouldn't have the first time) and I think Leeds have quality to win matches and stay up. Southampton could go either way.

I don't really see us being any better than we are now and the signings we've made don't make me feel optimistic of improvement with the likes of Young, Beto and Chermiti who really aren't good enough when we need them to be.

Yeah, Forest would be down there again I'm sure. Palace with Eze, Olise, Guehi and Doucoure potentially consistent options with Glasner at the helm, I think they're less likely to be down there. I guess Fulham, Brentford and Bournemouth are a trio to look at but I wouldn't be surprised if two of them finish above us even if you add 10 points back this season and it's only really Brentford that are likely to be worse off in terms of Toney going.

I could see us being alright this season and Dyche would play a huge part in that. When there aren't two abysmal teams at the bottom of the league already, I have far less confidence in him getting enough points on the board.

Without the deduction though we wouldn't even be discussing stuff like this?

Leeds and Southampton will get beat most weeks in the Prem with their managers and how they set up.

Leicester a bit of an unknown and I haven't watched but seen stuff they aren't too impressive style wise and its just been sheer quality of squad getting them through games?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic